Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Happy dinosaurs!!!

Had a wonderful morning with the kiddos. One of dcgs here today LOVES dinosaurs. I've been having a pretty rough week, (personal stuff, not daycare), and my other dcg was all tears this morning.... so we decided we would all pretend to be T-Rexes! (Dcgs favorite dino). It was wonderful! We all acted completely silly, pulled up our arms, stomped across the floor, and ROARED! All that silliness helped put all the kiddos in a great mood, and soon we were all laughing like crazy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JennJubie For This Useful Post:

So fun. I love those moments. We have dance parties here. Every day before lunch. I blast the music and we all act silly, dancing clapping....love it.

Euphoric !
    Sounds fun!! Mine also love dinosaurs and 2 weeks ago that's what they were all week lol. We had dragon fruit last week and yesterday one of the 3 year olds asked if we could have "dinosaur food" again....took me a bit to realize she meant dragon fruit lol

Today we went for a walk and I let the 3 year olds push a baby stroller and shopping cart...they had so much fun! Not sure how often we'll do that though...I felt like such a nag!! "Keep your head up", "go straight", "don't run into xxx", "stay on the sidewalk", "wait up", "go faster" LOL

Hope you have a great weekend!!

Euphoric !
    I have confession. I tend to stay away from Dinosaurs for most foolish of reason. I cannot pronounce their names. I cannot wrap my head around translating the names in writing to words from my mouth. T-Rex I can do. Brontosaurus Rex is my limit. Then I go black. It stupid really but I just can't seem to get it.

Euphoric !
    Awesome!! I am having a good day today too. Yesterday I was so beyond cranky and over it that I didn't know how much I could stand! I was a bear. Today kids are behaving relatively good. It's Friday!

My cute moment this morning was when my daughter was playing barbies with another girl. They were talking about super powers (frozen still alive and well in our house). I piped up and said all mommy's have super powers. They both looked at me wide eyed and asked me what they were. I said they were secret and they would only find out what they are when they grow up and become a mom. They then Continued to ask what I could do. I said I would show them 1 thing. I then proceeded to do the pull your thumb off trick. Lots of squeeals and excitement. After a few more times I had to give my thumb a rest as it was getting sore from pulling it off. Lol. They then went and sat it the tents and I could here them talking about secret mommy powers. Lol

Addition - watching Harry and his bucket full of dinosaurs with the 2 that don't nap today!
    Last edited by mickyc; 03-13-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Outgoing
    Last week, dcb (3yo) went to the museum and saw dinosaurs! So it's been all dinos - all the time since. I have a little story book about a baby stegosaurus, and at the end, they have a little boy in a museum looking at the bones. Looks just like my dcb! Wide eyed - "that's me!"

Suzy- as for pronouncing them, I'm English and have a hard time too. Around here, we have sharp tooths, not T-Rexes.