Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wine

Outgoing

Wine

Wine, not whine... An acquaintance of mine picked up her daughter a while ago at dc and provider was having a small glass near end of day.... I wouldn't dare, not that I couldn't use it. Mom wasn't impressed at all... This isn't normal is it?

Expansive...
    Yikes...I wouldn't be impressed either. How on earth do you as a provider justify that it's ok to consume alcohol, in any amount, during business hours???? I get that it was probably just a glass, but still. It's just not ok. Save it for when all the kids have gone home.

Starting to feel at home...
    I wouldn't dare either..... just like with any other job but especially one involving children! :/

Euphoric !
    Not acceptable. Not sure what else to say! I would definitely be speaking with my child's provider and possibly looking at another provider if I didn't like their response.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by ebhappydc View Post
    Wine, not whine... An acquaintance of mine picked up her daughter a while ago at dc and provider was having a small glass near end of day.... I wouldn't dare, not that I couldn't use it. Mom wasn't impressed at all... This isn't normal is it?
    No, I wouldn't think so. Not appropriate to drink before finished for day. I can't think of many profession other than bar person, where this would be okay.

Euphoric !
    Agree with the others! Just because we work from home doesn't mean we're not working!

I hope this isn't the norm but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if some providers do drink during the day

Absolutely unacceptable. As a mother I would be mortified!!

Not appropriate at all. I would never and I can't imagine how someone would think that is OK.

Woah. No way. The typical daycare day ends at 5/5:30pm? And she is drinking around that time? I don't think that's a good decision by the daycare provider, and I am curious...was she like standing there saying goodbye to Johhny with a wine glass in her hand!? I couldn't even imagine how that went down!

Euphoric !
    Omg!!! I would never do that nor would I keep my child in a daycare where a provider thought that was ok.