Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wine

oh my goodness, that is disgusting!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
    The closest that i have every come to that is on a a few months a go i worked a weekend for a few hours, and opened a bottle of red wine to put in my home made beef soup ( not a day care meal), and i drink the Kalua flavoured keurig coffee.

Outgoing
    Nope. Not acceptable at all. Drinking alcohol while working is never ok - especially while working with children!

I would definitely be looking for another provider. This shows her judgement is impaired as well as possibly her. Who knows if it is her first glass? She is not putting her business and the d/c children first. I find this scary.

This just doesn't sound right to me...although it seems that there is all sorts of crazy out there who would do this, but this just doesn't sound right to me!?!

Did your friend "actually" see the provider drinking a glass of wine? or was it just implied that she was going to get a glass of wine now. That would make more sense, this is just so ridiculous that anyone with half a brain would be walking around with a glass of wine in front of a parent. Was it a conversation that was had about 'drinking wine at the end of the daycare day", or did she see this provider drinking? Wouldn't it make more sense that someone doing this would hide it rather than openly say they were doing it or behave this way in front of the parent? Sometimes we hear someone say one thing and interpret it differently. A light hearted joking along the lines of going for a glass of wine now, or I felt like having a glass of wine is very different from "actually" doing it and it would make far more sense in my mind that a provider be sneaking a drink, although still obviously not okay, than one just casually doing it in front of a parent.

What happened Monday morning for childcare? I sure as hell hope that your friend didn't put her child back in her care if she was in fact drinking on the job.
    Last edited by bright sparks; 03-17-2015 at 09:18 AM.

Outgoing
    Thanks all, I didn't think it was normal. It happened awhile ago. Provider didn't hide it, was end of Friday pick up time and kind of like, "Yay!. It's the weekend!" celebrating before all the kids were gone... Definitely poor judgement. I was just talking to my old acquaintance who I don't see often, about the goings on of my daycare and she mentioned this happened once with her provider who she says otherwise was great. But this really put her off. Her daughter no longer there. Makes you wonder though. Glad u guys r all professionals!

All I can do is shake my head in disbelief. It's hard to understand why people just think this is okay behaviour!

Starting to feel at home...
    No, that is not okay at all! It wouldn't be acceptable in any job, but especially not while working with children.