Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Indoor Bouldering Wall

Does anyone have any type of toddler rock climbing wall? I've seen them with one side as rock climbing and the other is a slide?

Below is a link from google of one that i would LOVE in my daycare! hope you can see the link (i'm not sure how to add it to a thread other than to copy it in from google?) :

https://www.canadianwoodworking.com/...ring-wall-kids

It's a type of rock climbing wall but is called a bouldering wall, that is low to the ground, so the kids go side to side instead of up. I have 5 boys enrolled starting in the summer and i know they need outlet on rainy days. My current group are climbing up anything and everything (book cases, big doll house, each other, stereo unit....) I have everything bolted to the wall. I do tell my group don't climb, but i can see they really enjoy challenging themselves, and when i turn my head, there they go again. I'd get the world wallpaper map to throw behind the climbing wall too.

I know would cost a fair bit, but i just love it. Trying to convince my hubby..and i guess they could fall off and hurt, but i'd have the yoga mats under like in pic.

I dunno, do you think bad idea?

Euphoric !
    I think it looks cool! If you have lots of room to add the wall plus a safe falling zone, than I think it would be fun.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    While it would be great for your own kids, hard to imagine a parent being ok with this kind of thing in the daycare since it would be very hard to always be standing there for safety with a full room of kids. Personally, the liability would not be worth it for me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

So fun! Go for it! Instead of mats though I'd put something softer. Foam blocks, body pillows etc. I want one now, lol. I need more rm

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Ya, I was thinking about liability too but I wouldn't go very high with the rock holds. It would be for climbing across. Yes, very soft landing good idea. If we build it, it'd be a summer project. Also worried if after all the effort maybe novelty wears off, but climbing I don't think so. I find they like to climb most when I'm doing diaper changes nearby.

Euphoric !
    Liability may be an issue but so are play structures really. I think if it's low enough and more side to side climbing, it's a calculated risk you're taking. Kids can't be bubble wrapped and if a parent wasn't okay with it than that is fine, they'd have to choose another daycare.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Even using foam bed mattresses would give a good landing area and double as places to use for story or rest or tumbling.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    Even using foam bed mattresses would give a good landing area and double as places to use for story or rest or tumbling.
    Great idea! Foam mattress prob softer landing than gymnastic mat.

Outgoing
    Just a thought, but whatever you choose to use as a floor covering should be secured somehow. You wouldn't want anyone to walk off with a mat and leave the floor bare.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kindertime For This Useful Post:

my daycare insurance rider has it outlined that things like this are no covered, so i would be out just on that. When we go to the midway child have to have a support guide, with partipants harnessed even if they are just a foot off the ground.
    Also, think about the fact that you will spend all day saying, no its not time for climbing, its time for lunch, craft snack ect. JMO