Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Paid Days Off

Shy

Paid Days Off

Happy St Patties Day to everyone, I hope everyone is having a fun day with the kids.
    I'm in the process of amending my contract and handbook and was wondering how many private providers take paid days off besides stats?
    If you do how many days a year do you take and do you just use them for summer or winter holidays?
    I get all stat and civic holidays off and paid for but have been thinking about taking a few more paid days..
    I charge a monthly rate based on 20 working days per month, most months have 22 days or 23 days so I was thinking of banking those extra days and using them for holidays. Is this something anyone else does or does this sound crazy??
    Also has anyone ever amended there contract after January?
    Any feedback would be great
    Thanks everyone

Euphoric !
    I take 14 days a year. I always have. It was not common when I began it but now in this area, some do, some don't. Just up to parent to pick carer who they want and then it mean accepting their terms or not.

I take a week in August. We have a stat so I then take the Tue-Fri so 4 days extra to make full week off. Then other days I use for appointment or sick or what I need. Tend to be odd days here and there. I hold on to couple days always until December in case get sick but use most often for Christmas prep.

I take stat and civic - all paid.

Why you charge for 20 days when you know for sure that most month have more work days? It make no sense to work for free. If not charge for min 2 days a month, that is 24 days a year you working and not being paid. That over a whole months free care. Why?

I don't understand what you mean by bank days. Do you mean that parent owe you that many day off? I not sure parent be too pleased about that. To me, if I understanding this, it make more sense to charge for what you work and add some personal day if you want them.

My handbook get changed when I feel like it need changing. I have condition that I can change with 14 day notice. If they don't like change, then I guess they won't agree and they will leave but I not ever had that before.

I think maybe careful if changing too much and client feel like they paying for lot extra that they were not paying before. Maybe think about big changes happening as new people come into you home and gradual old contract leave.

I take all stat and gov days off paid expect for nov. 11th. I take 3 wks off paid as well. Last wk of July. First wk of sept. And wk between Christmas and New Years.

Expansive...
    All stats/civic paid if that's the child's regular day. Also I take 4 weeks off-2 weeks are paid and 2 weks are unpaid. My contract says I can change it whenever I feel like it, so I'm not locked in to a specific time frame.

Euphoric !
    What are you doing currently when a month has 22-23 days? I'm confused lol

As to you're question...11 stat holidays are paid and that's it. 2-3 weeks unpaid a year usually for my holidays

Shy
    For the last 5 years I have just charged a flat full time rate $750/month that's $37.50 per day and that's based on 20 days per month. It's kinda the norm in the area to charge that for full time, but I feel ripped off when most months have more then 20 working days.
    Do you guys charge per day meaning it's different every month? Or do you have a flat monthly rate?

Yes I charge per day. Not per mth

Euphoric !
    So at your lowest, you make $32.60 a day...if that is well below the average for your area than I would charge per day instead of per month.

If you want paid days off than I would change your contract to reflect this. I think the carried over days would get confusing and too many...how many per year would that be? Plus the stat days...that's a lot of paid days off. Here it wouldn't fly but maybe it would in your area?

I change my contract at year end but if a new client signs on in June and there's changes I want to make already, I may just start the new family with those changes (depending what the change is)

Euphoric !
    I charge per day, they pay me biweekly so it is always the same amount each pay.

I get paid stats. My vacation is unpaid.

Outgoing
    I'm the same as torontokids, except they pay every four weeks. Paid stats, vacation unpaid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast