Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Revising contract-termination

Even though I have revised my contract many times regarding termination, I always find new situations pop up that make me add in new reasons for termination.
    I'd love some feedback on your reasons to terminate care and reasons for immediate termination as well, so I can see if I missed any. Thanks in advance.

Euphoric !
    disrespectful language, behaviour
    failure to pay, continued late payments
    failure to abide by contract

Starting to feel at home...
    I have non-payment, and when the child's behaviour endangers other children or myself.

Euphoric !
    Termination of Contract
    Immediate termination is available to the provider if ;
    A child’s behaviour threatens the physical or emotional well-being of anyone else in the day home,
    if a parent is verbally, physically abusive or threatening to any persons in the day home,
    for non-payment, partial payment or late payment,
    for recurring late collection,
    for failure to disclose non-immunization or
    for “dosing and dropping” to hide symptoms of illness which would deem a child as needing 24 hour exclusion.
    In all these circumstances a charge of 28 days (4 weeks) fees in lieu of the written notice will be applied.

Termination by either party for any other reasons requires four weeks written notice. Fees are
    due regardless of attendance for the notice period. For those who have more than one child in
    my care, the notice period is six weeks.

Outgoing
    I once had a dcb develop a severe allergy to dairy which I could have handled by just not feeding him dairy. However, situation became problematic when parent sent me a long email outlining that I had to ensure the other dcks came in the morning without any trace of dairy residue on clothes, skin, nails, and that a kiss from any of the kids, or mouthing the same toys could be life threatening to him. She gave epi-pen but I still termed immediately even tho I didn't have anything in contract about this. I just couldn't sleep for fear of inadvertently killing the child. Parents were upset but I couldn't understand with such a severe allergy why they'd have him in group care and put that on me. So now in my contract I state that if child develops severe life-threatening allergies that cannot be safely managed, I can term immediately.

For bad behavior I have : In the event that your child demonstrates continuing disruptive behavior that negatively affects the daycare, you will be notified. At my discretion, it may be necessary to terminate care immediately.