Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Expansive...
    time for you to move on and look for another family that will respect you and your contract and not change it to suit their needs and then take change it again and again - they will miss you but you won't miss them

Expansive...
    I think every provider has to learn early on how to set BOUNDARIES. Its so so so important. Do not work past your current hours. 7-5:30 is long enough already. You are human and you need rest, too. Just because you work from home, does not mean you are capable of working long hours without rest. You will quickly burn out if you arent careful.

But don't feel bad, I did the same thing when I first started out. Let this family know you have put some thought into your current situation and that from now on you close at 5:30 without exception, not even the days has to work from the office. If they do pick up late more than 2 times the third time they will be handed a notice that care is terminated immediately.

Being "nice" doesn't get you anywhere in life if it doesn't also come in YOUR best interest. Doing people favors is like giving little pieces of yourself away; unless they nurture and do something for YOU and you are somehow compensated...sooner or later you will have nothing left.

Euphoric !
    I have done and still do favours for families but this is after they have been here for awhile and I know whether or not they will truly appreciate me doing so and not take advantage of it. It's also only if I agree to do the favour and know that I won't resent doing so.

A new family changing my contract without first asking would not be welcomed. I am like sandylynn and have a low tolerance for entitled people!! That was incredibly rude on their part!

I would be telling them that you agreed to the changes in the beginning thinking you could make it work but you have found that it doesn't. They can either sign the new, FIRM contract or they are free to choose another daycare. Take control back, lesson learned, move on we all make mistakes so don't feel bad!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I would terminate immediately. Your hours are long enough. This is YOUR business, not theirs. Do you have a late pick-up fee mentioned in your contact? I would first tell them that all late pick up will be subject to the late pick-up fee and also give them your notice. If you're having these issues now wait...it will only get worse. Being taken advantage of is the worse so although it's hard at first be harsh, kind and fair to yourself. There are wonderful parents out there, you don't need to make your day miserable and extremely long to please them. If you stick to your contract so will your parents. My hrs are from 7:30-5:00 and I charge $1/minute. Good luck! Keep us posted.

Euphoric !
    Definitely keep us posted!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Lou

Shy

Up Date

I gave them the Termination Letter on Friday to the father at pick-up and he stood in my doorway with his two kids and one of mine along with my husband and fought with be about the situation... saying that I'm no being fare and we should sit down and talk more on the situation.
    He continued on for about 20min trying to sell me, telling me that they can change the times to work for me and that they will pay late fees and so on.

It mad me so mad by his tone and words towards me that I said Enough this is the way its going to be... you are Terminated and please leave!!

I feel so much better about my decision and Thank you for the support

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Racing Mom For This Useful Post:

Wow! Good for you and your husband to stand up and put your foot down! I hope you can breath a sigh of relief knowing how you have dodged the bullet on this using and abusing family!! Best of luck to you and hoping you stick to your contract and never bend rules for anybody. I have been there myself, bent the rules for a family, gave them extended late pick up at no charge, yet they turned into monsters the ONE time I ask for a late drop off because I was 9 months pregnant and had to have a prenatal checkup late minute due to complications. They threw my own contract in my face and demanded that I be available at 7am because I was supposed to provide 4 weeks notice due to appointments/personal days off. They were terminated that afternoon.
    People will use and abuse as it suits them and yet, if the tables were turned, they are very unlikely to reciprocate the generosity.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdtimesacharm For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    So you did immediate termination or notice of termination?

Sounds like immediate where he was told to go. Did your contact cover immediate term for being a what reason you gave or are you in breach of contract by backing out to what you agreed to, without proper notice. What reason do you have in contract for immediate term and which one used for this person? Changing mind, wanting different hours, not in breach of signed agreement, it was just request which was denied.

You can't just up and end a contact because they are annoying/disrespectful/constantly asking for different hours, just like they can't. You can hold them to signed agreement and say no to extra request and if that not suit them, they can give notice. Or you can give notice if not working.

If a dayhome parent decided they did not want you any more, and just didn't give notice or show up, you could sue them. If you decide you don't want them any more and just didn't give notice, they can sue you.

I would like know if you gave notice or not. And if not, how your contact worded to allow immed term for these things.
    Last edited by Suzie_Homemaker; 03-29-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Outgoing
    And it is for a lot of reasons that....I DON'T HAVE A CONTRACT!....I lay out my rules during interview.....don't like it....OUT! I had a family pull their nonsense on my once....I waited until Friday morning after they paid....when they came for pick up....that's when I said...by by....no monies owed....

Quote Originally Posted by sandylynn View Post
    And it is for a lot of reasons that....I DON'T HAVE A CONTRACT!....I lay out my rules during interview.....don't like it....OUT! I had a family pull their nonsense on my once....I waited until Friday morning after they paid....when they came for pick up....that's when I said...by by....no monies owed....
    You don't have a contract!?! The risks of NOT having a contract far outweighs that of having one imo.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3rdtimesacharm For This Useful Post: