Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blankies....

Expansive...
    I don't allow toys, food or blankies here ever without exception. Like others said it creates so much drama and trouble.

BUT I do have blankets available here for them to play with at all times, because I have found blankets to be one of our most treasured "toys", for as long as I've done daycare. They can make picnics, beds for their dolls, hospital beds, forts etc etc. but they all have to share them since they are treated the same as any other daycare toy.

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie_Homemaker View Post
    This when I say "So it okay for you not to be the bad-guy but I have to be? I expected to deal with your child plus others because you want to be your kids friend rather than parent?"

They get it then,
    I admire your moxie. I would be thinking that, but I'm not sure I'd be able to say it out loud to their face.

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fun&care View Post
    BUT I do have blankets available here for them to play with at all times, because I have found blankets to be one of our most treasured "toys", for as long as I've done daycare. They can make picnics, beds for their dolls, hospital beds, forts etc etc. but they all have to share them since they are treated the same as any other daycare toy.
    We play with blankets too and there aren't any issues because they are flowerchild's blankets, not someone's particular blanket. I'm forever finding dolls "tucked in" in random places.

Euphoric !
    I have dc blankets as well and you are so right!! They get played with so much! Thankfully we don't have issues with the children sharing their own as well. I've started having show and tell every now and than and they do really well at sharing their toys than too!

The cape comment reminded me of a recent Pinterest project I did....I bought shirts that had superman, batman, Spider-Man, ninja turtles, avengers, hulk etc on them and cut the sleeves and backs off (so just the neckline and front left) and they have LOVED using them as capes for dress up. They also put it on backwards and use it as aprons in the kitchen

Outgoing
    What a great idea that is, 5LM, to make capes. As for the blankets and stuffies, I ask that these must stay here due to the issue of bed bugs. The parents seem ok with this. I have a little guy with 3 of the same blanket. One that stays at daycare, one that goes to grandmas and one for home.