Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expansive...

Does anyone order from the Discount School Supply website?

I am so frustrated because the Discount School Supply website has awesome stuff but they keep telling me they cannot ship to Canada.
    Their website doesn;t say they don't ship to canada...it says that orders outside the 48 contingious US states will ship USPS and incur additional shipping charges but every time I contact a sales rep there they tell me they can't ship to Canada.

Does anyone from CDA order from this website or has ordered from this website or have a good solution? I have searched all over the web for similar products but nothing is priced as well or has the same sort of products on the Discount School supply website

Canada is not a 3rd world country - doesn't make sense that this is so difficult

Euphoric !
    What you would pay with shipping fees, customs duties at the border, etc. just doesn't make it worth ordering from some of these places. In the end the prices in the Canadian catalogues turns out to be nearly the same. Maybe there is a place we could list web links for some of the places in Canada that you can order from. I have used Avron here in Ontario, Wintergreen, and Flaghouse. I was buying specific items and felt the prices were ok. Not totally sure about all items but the service was good and quick delivery from all of them.

Expansive...
    Thanks Playfelt. I did look up those websites but still not quite the same.
    Wintergreen has the pretend play people families I wanted to order but at $32 a family vs $16 from Discount School supply. Discount SS also has a great weather calendar where you can dress up the weather bear every day which I haven't found elsewhere and their wooden number pegs up to 10 seem much better made than the foam ones. Sigh
    I guess I just have to forget about it

Euphoric !
    For those prices the other option is to find a friend in the US - I have used a friend from one of my yahoo chat groups that was into the same craft as me at the time and had the order sent to her. Then she forwarded the box to me. Meant paying twice for shipping but for that order we lucked out and over a certain amount was free shipping in the US so I only had to pay for the forward.

I agree their prices are AWESOME there - do you have any family or friends south of the border? I am lucky cause I have family who can order me stuff like that!
    Children construct their own intelligence. The adult must provide activities and context, but most of all must be able to listen. Children need proof that adults believe in them. Their three great desires are to be listened to, to understand, and to demonstrate that they are exactly what we expect."
    Loris Malaguzzi

Starting to feel at home...
    Have you ever heard of Pembina Parcel Service? They are a receiving company that a lot of Manitoban's use to ship stuff to in the States. For us it's only an 1 1/2 drive so we make the trip often. We like to shop in Grand Forks so we go 4 times a year and save some money having online items shipped to an American address. Although I'm not sure where you are from....

This is a great site too...and they do ship to Canada. http://www.orientaltrading.com/
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by olivetree View Post
    Have you ever heard of Pembina Parcel Service? They are a receiving company that a lot of Manitoban's use to ship stuff to in the States. For us it's only an 1 1/2 drive so we make the trip often. We like to shop in Grand Forks so we go 4 times a year and save some money having online items shipped to an American address. Although I'm not sure where you are from....
    I am in Ontario but I looked up their website and that looks like a great service.

They do have freight forwarders in the US that will forward shipments to canada but they are around 50 dollars for a 3 lb shipment which is pretty pricey and more than the merchandise I want.
    Pembina seems like a steal at $5 a parcel but driving to there would take me days -lol

Expansive...
    Shoot guys!!! Where have you been all my lives? I've been relying on walmart and dollarama waaaaaaaay too long. I'm going to be spending a little money on this oriental trading site today.

Quote Originally Posted by FlexFunCare View Post
    Shoot guys!!! Where have you been all my lives? I've been relying on walmart and dollarama waaaaaaaay too long. I'm going to be spending a little money on this oriental trading site today.
    It's awesome!!!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~