Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Expansive...
    Just have a chat with the parent tomorrow that the ss may call her just as a follow up call as they came to visit and all went well and they may call you too - if the parent asks anything they don't usually say too much and it was a good visit so sound cheerful and she will know it is fine, just them doing their job- I am happy for you

Shy
    This morning I receive email from the DCM. She state she was the one who called SS that she report me to SS for negligent. Then she said she will no longer be placing care with me due to risk of repeated assault ...2 very different things I think.
    When I meet with SS they said it was very odd that she called 3 weeks later after I confirm she wil not be issue the refund as the matter happened 3 week ago. She also said she is willing to clos the matter locally if the last 2 deposit are refunded by april 2, I receive the letter just now. is this proper notice such as enough days by law?
    she also state if not this will be escalated to proper authorities where full refund will be demanded and compensation for punitive damage.. I don't know what punitive is.

Starting to feel at home...
    This sounds like bribery. If you have documented evidence and reasonable reasons the child was bruised or whatever the case, then stand your ground. I think this is disgusting that if she truly thought her child had been neglected or assaulted, she not only waits 3 weeks before reacting but she is willing to 'sweep it under the rug' for the sake of a couple hundred bucks.
    That's a new kind of low.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 3rdtimesacharm For This Useful Post:

Keep the email.

Do not respond to it.

Do the same with any further emails she sends.

Should she proceed with any further action, they will be to your benefit.

I would also consider sending this email along to the social service worker who came to see you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Discoveries For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Just curious...how long did this child actually come to your home?

Shy
    Child come for one day. DCM got upset I call to pick up early because child was cry a lot and throwing self. I ask families to fill out "Child Information Sheet". She added to that I need to pay extra attention to her son because he throws himself a lot. This is where I think some red mark come from. He come to daycare with bruises already so hard to say it happened here. SS suspect racial profiling since DCM is fixated with DCB of color no other kid not even blam me. He 12 months and she want me to give him 4-6 formula bottles along with meals, snacks and water. She also say to change child on my carpet because DCB hates being changed in bathroom, also not to put DBC near big toy because he scared of big object. She also wanted child rocked (he very heavy 12 month size 6 diapears I have bad back so I cannot do this) and to sleep in my bed if playpen not working. If I give extra attention to her child then I neglect others but that didn't bother her. Very Selfish women. My mistake to let her come. We do interview in December start date for March 18. On 12th she tell me mom get laid off every year July-Sept and she cant afford to pay daycare so she ask me for more of a discount. She trick me and waited last minute to tell me this info.

Key word here is SHE ENDED IT. U didn't kick her out. Just called to pick her son up early to give his crying a break. If she ended it then according to your contract her deposit is not refundable because she didn't give notice. She is threating and trying to scare you because she wants her money and she has nothing better to do. keep all her email texts and such and DO NOT respond. Stay firm and strong. I would show that email stating she was the one that called and the bribe of the deposit to cas. Keep going strong ur doing great. It will end soon!

Outgoing
    WHAT! OMG....Hmmm. ...I wonder if you had given her her money back at the beginning, if this would still have turned into something...just makes me wonder when you mentioned the word "assault"....the re are people out there that have this entitlement about them...people who would try to get a dollar from whomever or whatever.....wonder if she has done anything like this before? I agree with babydom...ignore and stay clear of this person....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sandylynn For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I would be tempted to respond simply stating you will forward her email request to the SS worker and your lawyer and await their response as to your next action.

Nothing more...just enough to show you can play the same game. DO NOT get into any back and forth, any restating of the past or ANYTHING. Simply respond that you cannot give her an answer now until you speak with legal representation. Her next response should show whether you need to take action or if it is over. I suspect she will respond letting you know you called her bluff and it is over.

This is a desperate persons desperate last attempt to get her way. Do not give her anything to use against you, meaning do not speak without a witness and save all written conversations.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

I would forward the email to the social worker, too. Print it off and add it to the DCM contract. Its very important to document everything when it comes to having difficult clients like this.

Its very upsetting to be put in this situation, hope everything works out for you.