Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Shy
    My name is Sofia Palacio. she ended the contract so I iwll have better chance to win in court as I feel I did not do any wrong doingt. I will update as new informations come looks like this will be my first case in court with daycare problem.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hape* For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Good luck!!!

Expansive...
    I would be surprised if she does bring it to court as it sounds like she is angry about the money but document everything as the others have suggested and wait to see if she will bring it any further or not- hopefully just all words but be prepared either way

Shy
    ok everybody, last night the cops showed up to my home wanting to speak to me about the situation..ironicall y yesterday when she send me that email I told everybody about I decide to reply to the email and I state" I will not refund the money and I will document this email " (thank you for the wise words) she immideatly send the cops I spoke to the cops and they also said they do not see any wrong doing. I show the police officer the email she sent me and he said that I was being blackmail. he also found it strange that the incident of the child being hurt happen 3 weeks ago and just now she is calling everybody after I said no to refund. I don't think she will bring me to court, I think this was her final try out of spite to do something. but If she does take me to court I now have very good evidence and in the end will help me more than her. she is very spiteful and very mean. I cannot belive it but I don't let it bother me, I have my own kids I am just very shoked

Euphoric !
    Sent the police under what pretence? Police don't just show up because someone asked them to.

Also how is she blackmailing you? She being a pest but that not blackmail. Strange police would call it blackmail. Strange police offer a legal opinion too.

Expansive...
    I am so sorry you are going through this...what kind of person does this?!
    You have done nothing wrong, and have nothing to fear. Remain the professional you are, and focus on all the positives in your life and karma will find her.

Shy
    what you mean what pretence? I don't understand. she called the police officer because she said her child was hurt here and when a report is made I think the police must come. when i was speaking to the police officer i said this is blackmail and he said yes he nod his head.
    Thanks to every body here I have hope this will end soon

Euphoric !
    blackmail because she said if she pays her she would drop the charges...if she wouldn't pay her she was taking her to court.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Hape* View Post
    what you mean what pretence? I don't understand. she called the police officer because she said her child was hurt here and when a report is made I think the police must come. when i was speaking to the police officer i said this is blackmail and he said yes he nod his head.
    Thanks to every body here I have hope this will end soon
    I mean that when someone go to police ask for their help, they have to give a reason. Police not come for some matters, only where they think crime committed. They not tend to rush round for incident someone took long time to report. So I wonder what pretend reason she give to police for them to act.

Pretend reason = Pretence. That is correct word, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by torontokids View Post
    blackmail because she said if she pays her she would drop the charges...if she wouldn't pay her she was taking her to court.
    But that not blackmail. If day care parent not pay me, I would take to court. And I would tell them that is what I will do. That not blackmail but statement of fact. If the parent believe she is owed the deposit, saying she will take to court if not paid, not blackmail. She just being clear that is the direction she will go if not satisfied with outcome.

I not saying that she is right or have case but her saying that if she not get her deposit back, she will sue, is not blackmail.

Expansive...
    I think it is blackmail because she intends to pursue the alleged abuse with social services/court unless the deposit is refunded. That is absolutely blackmail "if you don't refund my deposit, I will accuse you of abusing children".