Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    I think the lesson here is to have your contract policies written out explicitly. So there is no misinterpretation, the deposit I am paid is always NON-REFUNDABLE under any circumstances. It can only be used towards the last days of care. I also go on to say that should a parent decide for any reason to terminate care immediately without notice, they will lose their deposit.

Does your contract say these things specifically? If it doesn't I would honestly give her the money back...if for no other reason due to Tammy's case. She followed policy by the book and got screwed over big time because the Child protection act was interpreted the way the judge wanted to because there was a hint of vagueness over what justifies a person being in a position to make that decision...okay so it was wrong and bogus, I'm not disputing that, but what I am saying is that if you have left anything in your contract about this specific policy with deposit and refund, even simply omitting that it's not refundable, you could be screwed. Parent doesn't sound like they have a leg to stand on, but we all know that the law doesn't always work the way it should and for the same of a few hundred dollars at most, I wouldn't put myself in a position to have my family and business destroyed with all the trouble this person could bring about. I do think you should fight because this woman shouldn't be allowed to get away with making such absurd accusations, but if your policies are not precise and absolutely crystal clear, then I probably wouldn't because weighing up the risks...for a few hundred bucks it really wouldn't be worth taking the risk. At the very least I would be talking to a lawyer about this...not a police officer or colleague or friend, someone who knows the law, and can see all of the documented facts and tell you realistically what the outlook is.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

been her bought the tee shirt. here in ottawa, just so you know once cas has been called, even if it is unfounded, you will still have it on file. that was the part that really pissed me off. it was the exact situation as you. hugs and what ever you do, do feel like you have done something wrong. For months afterwards I was riddled with guilt at having put my children and husband through this.

Starting to feel at home...
    She is a bully and a terrible person. Do not cave to her. Stay strong.

Expansive...
    Yes, stay strong, even the Police agreed with you that this is not right, and she was using them to frighten you to give the money back and then we will forget everything, she is a bully like SillyGirl said- hugs to you