Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Diaper Lovin Parents

I have a 3yr old dcb. He has been potty trained for months now with no accidents since I can't even remember. He wears a diaper at naptime and might pee in it once every 2 weeks or so.
    Yet- Every. Single. Day. He comes in a diaper. His parents grab one from his cubby and put it on him every evening when they pick up.
    I tell them that he just peed on the toilet so he should be fine without it...but they ho amd hum and say they have to go to Costco before going home, or they have to pick up big brother so they are not going straight home.
    This kid can hold his pee for hours upon hours like a fully functioning potty trained child, AND last time I checked, Costco has public washrooms.

I don't get it. I asked him if he wears a diaper at home and he says only at bedtime.
    It's become so annoying to have him come in the morning, help him remove his diaper, save it (as it is always bone dry) and put it back on him for naptime.
    I've heard of the parents who like to jump to underwear way too quick, but these parents seem to be the opposite! It's like they enjoy buying diapers, or they have little to no trust in their son's bodily function control.
    Just a vent! I don't understand!!

Outgoing
    People are just weird, sometimes. I worked for a family once that would still wipe the 5yo after a BM. Like, I mean, run to the bathroom to do it for him. I simply refused, 'he'll figure it out,' I said. But nope, they had to do it. Ok, whatever.

It is interesting, though, you have more confidence in the child than his own parents. We all know, the worst thing that would happen is he has an accident. In public. Where other people might see.

And I just re-read your OP, he has a big brother, so not even the first child. I guess all you can do is grin and bear it. Or how about throwing out the diapers, or sending them home? He might still come in one, but say, no more keeping them in his cubby. If they want him to wear it to Cosco, they'll have to remember to bring it themselves.

Euphoric !
    Gotta love that! I usually have the opposite problem. This morning one mom came in saying 2 year old (as in just 2) is almost fully trained after being home with her for the last week and tells her every time he has to go. Luckily he still is coming with a diaper on. Of course he never told once he had to go, he never once told me he had already gone either. I am in no hurry to train kids too quickly. I am sure he goes on the potty at home but daycare is so different!

Euphoric !
    I wonder if it's because they don't want to deal with the hassle of an accident in the carseat, at nighttime or in a public place??

Hopefully they start to decrease the diaper soon!

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    I wonder if it's because they don't want to deal with the hassle of an accident in the carseat, at nighttime or in a public place??

Hopefully they start to decrease the diaper soon!
    That's probably the reason but that's just lazy...some people.

I'm about to toilet train 3 boys starting in 4 weeks. I have a toilet training policy that they have to all sign prior to commencing and should they break any of it then toilet training stops. One of my rules is no diaper/pull up for any other reason than sleeping. Not in the car, not at home, not at grandmas house and not here. If they don't like my method then that is fine, but then they need to take 3 or 4 weeks off work to keep child at home and train however they please prior to child returning to care. I couldn't tolerate this families actions because they are potentially sabotaging this child's progress every time they put a diaper on. I wouldn't be investing 10 hours a day to successfully train everyday for a parent to risk ruining things because they are lazy. That's why I have a signed agreement from the start so they know what I expect from them during the whole process. If they don't like it then they tell me from the off and I can explain to them the whys of my method.