Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Euphoric !

April Fool's Day/ Easter!!

Hope everyone is having a nice week! We've been having some great weather so far and it's been so nice to get outside 2x a day this week. It's also been a busy one with Easter and a bit of April Fool's Day fun and I was wondering what everyone else has done for these holidays??

For Easter, we have dyed eggs, tattooed eggs, put stickers on eggs and coloured on them when still warm. They are being sent home today in their baskets that we made from egg cartons and tissue paper. We've also used a painted potato masher to make egg stamps and did marble art painting to decorate easter bunny shapes on construction paper. Tomorrow we are gonna finish off Easter week with decorating sugar cookies and I'm sending home a treat bag...an I spy book, 2 chocolate treats and an egg filled with candy and stickers. I didn't plan anything special for lunch but I'm thinking I may use our Easter themed cookie cutters to make sandwiches.

For today, April Fool's, I told them that if they finished their lunch they would get a special treat...juice! They were so excited and I gave them their cup...it was actually just jello with a straw in it They told me that tricks were rude and not nice but happily ate it up lol.

Outgoing
    In the entry to the daycare ,I placed the clock and calendar upside down as well as the Easter window clings. I also put paper towels in the bottom of the children's boots. For snack this morning I flattened out a layer of vanilla yogurt and put a half a peach in the middle to look like a fried egg. You should have heard them this morning when they thought they were having a fried egg for breakfast/snack!lol.
    Then we had a "grilled cheese sandwich" for a treat (2 pieces of pound cake with orange icing in the middle. Of course there were a couple of kids that refused to even take one bite.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to daycaremom9 For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by daycaremom9 View Post
    In the entry to the daycare ,I placed the clock and calendar upside down as well as the Easter window clings. I also put paper towels in the bottom of the children's boots. For snack this morning I flattened out a layer of vanilla yogurt and put a half a peach in the middle to look like a fried egg. You should have heard them this morning when they thought they were having a fried egg for breakfast/snack!lol.
    Then we had a "grilled cheese sandwich" for a treat (2 pieces of pound cake with orange icing in the middle. Of course there were a couple of kids that refused to even take one bite.
    Refused cake??!! Who are these mythical children? lol But actually, these are great ideas. I never thought of doing anything for April fools. Daycare is only open today and tomorrow this week so we're focusing on Easter stuff. We'll have our egg hunt tomorrow.

Outgoing
    We had an egg hunt today, it's the only day this week I had enough children.

Outgoing
    Is everyone sick there too? All of mine have sniffles, coughs and runny noses and I had a sore throat Mon and Tues. Yucky!

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by daycaremom9 View Post
    Love it...a fellow pinterester!! Lol. I was going to do the peach and yogurt egg thing but forgot to buy canned peaches! My kids love fried eggs so I think they would have thought it was funny.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

I can hardly manage a craft, sensory play or malleable play as a group this winter/early spring time with my current group. It's hard enough having them play together in free play as a group when they are coughing and sneezing all over each other almost constantly since September. Tomorrow I have some activities set up but I am having to force myself to be optimistic because it's no fun for anyone stood around the table to have their neighbour sneeze on the painting or in their glue!!

I have yellow cups to make chicks and blue cups to make bunnies and once they have stuck the "bits" on them they are going to fill them with easter grass. Then I'm going to do an egg hunt in the playroom and tell them to put the eggs in their "cups" as they collect them and then they can take them home. I also have plastic coloured eggs to fill with rice and dried beans to make egg shakers and I am going to see if we can manage some potato painting of easter eggs lol

Fingers crossed!!

Euphoric !
    I've had groups like that where those activity times were kept to 5-10 mins, if that!! Lol. Mine are all mouthers (even the 3yo's, drives me crazy!) and we are all sneezed and boogied on daily...I think it's building our immunities haha....no one has been sick enough to warrant staying home lately though.

That all sounds fun bright!! If you have plastic spoons and decorative tape (even clear packing tape would work) you can make moroccas with your rice/bean filled eggs! Is the potato idea to make stamps? That will be cool!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    I've had groups like that where those activity times were kept to 5-10 mins, if that!! Lol. Mine are all mouthers (even the 3yo's, drives me crazy!) and we are all sneezed and boogied on daily...I think it's building our immunities haha....no one has been sick enough to warrant staying home lately though.

That all sounds fun bright!! If you have plastic spoons and decorative tape (even clear packing tape would work) you can make moroccas with your rice/bean filled eggs! Is the potato idea to make stamps? That will be cool!
    How would I turn the egg shakers into meraccas with the spoons?

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by bright sparks View Post

I have yellow cups to make chicks and blue cups to make bunnies and once they have stuck the "bits" on them they are going to fill them with easter grass.

Fingers crossed!!
    AHH! Easter grass!! I bought some this year. And it almost made me cry!! I was taking it out of the package, the night before so I could cut it into smaller pieces for the kids to glue it into the egg carton cups we'd painted. And it was SOOO staticky. I mean it was sticking to my hands, the scissors, the counter, my clothes, the floor. I couldn't get it off me. I was so frustrated with it, I didn't know what to do with it. I couldn't wash it off, didn't want it down the sink. Finally had to get the whole mess wet with a lot of paper towels and wipe it up. I am still finding bits around the house. And I have vacuumed twice since then.

The stuff I bought was at NoFrills (Loblaws.)

Good luck. Happy Easter!