Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Is anyone on Twitter?

In my new quest to join the 21st century, I am creating a website for my daycare, I have joined Facebook and today, Twitter. The Facebook thing seems to be going ok, most of the people I know are on it so 'finding friends' isn't hard. And once the website is up and running, I can send it out to anyone I want that way. But I don't know anyone on twitter.

I had thought I might use a twitter feed on the website for daycare updates. That's really the only reason I signed up. But I'm having a hard time finding anything specifically daycare related to 'follow' as the daycare. I know I don't have to follow anybody, but I thought it might be nice. I have found Sesame Street and PBSkids, but was hoping to find others that have daycare things... I don't even know what I'm looking for. Sigh. Twitter is confusing!

Maybe I'm being too ambitious, but I kind of thought, if I'm going in, might as well go all the way in!

If anyone has any suggestions about using twitter or websites, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kindertime View Post
    In my new quest to join the 21st century, I am creating a website for my daycare, I have joined Facebook and today, Twitter. The Facebook thing seems to be going ok, most of the people I know are on it so 'finding friends' isn't hard. And once the website is up and running, I can send it out to anyone I want that way. But I don't know anyone on twitter.

I had thought I might use a twitter feed on the website for daycare updates. That's really the only reason I signed up. But I'm having a hard time finding anything specifically daycare related to 'follow' as the daycare. I know I don't have to follow anybody, but I thought it might be nice. I have found Sesame Street and PBSkids, but was hoping to find others that have daycare things... I don't even know what I'm looking for. Sigh. Twitter is confusing!

Maybe I'm being too ambitious, but I kind of thought, if I'm going in, might as well go all the way in!

If anyone has any suggestions about using twitter or websites, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
    Why don't you set up an instagram account? There are lots of educational accounts...especiall y homeschoolers posting crafts etc. I can recommend some right off the bat. Stay at home mom and dad bloggers offering a variety of crafts and themed educational lesson plans for youngsters. You could post pictures of what you have been up to promoting your business while protecting the identity of the children in your care. You can repost other instagrammers and that also uses a hashtag system to link to other like posts. You type some text explaining what's going on, how you are feeling, asking a question or similar, and then you start to network when other account holders come across you based on similarities in subject matter.

I don't do facebook at all but instagram is a much easier environment to be involved in online and you do have the option to have a private account where people have to request permission to follow you so you can check them out first, or you can have a public account where anyone can see your posts if there is nothing too personal on your account.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Hmmm...I've heard of Instagram. Of course, it never occurred to me to look at it. I like the idea of a private account, though. Thanks, I'll check that out.

Outgoing
    So, to update, looked up Instagram... that's a no-go for now, since I don't have a smart phone to use the app to sign up. Yah, so behind....