Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Expansive...

Getting the cold shoulder

Any advice on how to deal with parents that give you the cold shoulder after you've had to speak to them about their child's behaviour(which of course they didn't agree with/never seen that at home etc)?
    Very awkward hi&bye, no eye contact, one word answers etc. Grow up, we're all adults here. Prior to this, I was "wonderful, and such a great influence"(their words)
    and now it just comes across as rude/blunt. I've pasted my best smiley face on each day, and been welcoming and respectful. Any thoughts????

Outgoing
    Surprises me to no end how parents can treat the person who is responsible for their child's well-being with such disrespect. I'd say be polite, but not overly. Guess they have to get over the fact their child isn't perfect. Wish we could add a clause in our contract to term parents... They'll get over it hopefully.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ebhappydc For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Just keep going forward as you are. I had the same situation. The parents swore up and down they'd never seen the behaviour at home, (they never do). They did not take me seriously and couldn't get over it, and I ended up terming them after Mom yelled at me in front of my own kids.

Theses parents will either get over it or they won't. It will be what it will be. No need stressing yourself out. Just be professional.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JennJubie For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Honestly...I would look right at them and say "is there a problem....something I said"....and wait for her answer.....no point in dancing around the problem....

Expansive...
    I would just continue to be the better person that you are being. YOU are the one acting mature and professional...keep it up! Makes them look stupid.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lou For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Agree with Lou. I don't invite drama into my life and I don't like unnecessary confrontation. I would just continue to be polite and nice to her but nothing more, nothing less. She'll either get over it or move on...it's up to her now.