Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie_Homemaker View Post
    That fair comment. Here, lot of people not think to have paid days when opening and yet don't increase rate to cover unpaid day off. Locally, day care provider who not charge is newbie and then in second year, they add paid days.
    IMO....raising daily rates should be because the cost of living increases yearly. Yes, I also consider my holidays when deciding a daily fee but I wouldn't increase JUST for that fact alone. Opening a hdc was MY choice and I knew it would be hard work and long stretches without days off because I am the sole employee/employer and I have families depending on me. If I want to take holidays I think it should be if I can afford them. I don't expect parents to pay for my holidays, especially when many parents don't even get paid holidays themselves. If I can't afford days off that is on me, not the parents. Being self employed comes with different pros and cons but I don't think paid holidays is something to expect. That has nothing to do with being a newbie or not, it's all about how I think the service/self employed industries work. I can't think of any other service that gets paid if the service isn't being offered.

However, it really is all about what is in the provider's contract. If a provider can find parents who agree to pay for their holidays than great!! But I don't think it has anything to do with how long the provider has been in business

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

I have 10 paid holidays, 10 unpaid, 10 paid sick days, and 10 unpaid. That's the norm around here though.

Outgoing
    My area doesn't support paid vacation or sick days...heck....you are lucky if you even get a BOTTLE OF USED SELF SUNTANNING LOTION FOR CHRISTMAS! That's a bonus! LOLOLOLOL...."not that there's anything wrong with that"
    Last edited by sandylynn; 04-03-2015 at 06:56 PM.

Outgoing
    33 Daiseys....that's AMAZING...I think I should pack up and sell my house and move to your neighborhood....wher e do you live?

ottawa, ont. I have never had a family that looked at my contract with a second glance. All of my parents have sick days, vaccay days ect, so why shouldn't I. Honestly they know that the only time i get sick is when their littles make me sick. I also don't abuse it. And they know that

Again thank you for the replies. I do appreciate all the comments. Essentially, it is up to the provider and the parents to agree on the terms.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrsrooster View Post
    Again thank you for the replies. I do appreciate all the comments. Essentially, it is up to the provider and the parents to agree on the terms.
    Yes. Just like any other self-employed person - plumber, electrician, anyone who has a contract exchanging services for fees. If you don't want to pay the fees, then don't enter into an agreement, if you have already, then both parties are legally bound by it.