Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Outgoing
    Yes kindertime...you are correct....I don't believe for a minute this parent "forgot" how much she pays me...They have made more than 70 payments at the same rate....it's weekly, not even monthly. This parent has told me QUOTE..."I LIKE THE WORD FREE...I HATE HAVING TO PAY FOR ANYTHING"...Hence... another reason I DON'T have a contract....if I have a big issue with someone...I don't want to be bound to ANY kind of legal bind...ie, have to give 3 weeks notice etc. If I want them out....they are OUT!

Starting to feel at home...
    It's a new part time parent that has been with me for the past month or so. She knows she has to send payment by noon on the Friday, yet when she came to pick up, she said she totally forgot and she would send it as soon as she got home. Well, by an hour and a half after she left, she hadn't sent it, I sent her an email reminding her. I finally got an email back from her at 10 am Saturday morning saying that she got busy and couldn't get it sent but she is sending it now.
    This happened 2 weeks ago as well! She didn't send it until almost ten the Friday night after I had to remind her!

I do have a late fee, but it doesn't seem to matter. I also have a clause in my contract that care does not resume until fees are paid. But if I need that money to pay a bill on the Friday or wanting to use it sometime on the weekend then I couldn't.

It just irks me that people don't realize that we depend on this money!
    Last edited by mattsmom; 04-05-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Euphoric !
    I would have reminded her of your late fees when you sent your reminder. I would have also given her the new total with the late fees included when you got her response saying she got busy.

If we don't enforce our own policies no one else will. My families know I mean business come payday. I have no problem asking at drop off for my cheque, no problem charging my late fee although once they pay it once or twice it doesn't happen again because they realize they need to remember!