Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

Finally, some spring!

Anyone else have fun outside today?

I know it's different all over the country, but we finally got to take out the outdoor toys today! (I was closed yesterday)

I went in the shed and pulled almost everything out. Each toy got a "cool!" when it got brought out. The ground is still frozen but the snow is gone. And it will be a few days yet before we can get into the sand (still frozen) but we had a full 1.5 hours outside today.

I was so hot after taking this stuff out, that I took off my hat, mitts and jacket. So the kids did too. Playing in the sun in short sleeves, what could be better? I'm hoping Friday, we'll be able to start having picnics again. Fingers crossed.

Expansive...
    Lucky you. There is still snow on the ground here which also means that wherever there isn't snow, there is mud instead. Not a fan of bringing the kids out at this time of year. But looking at the weather forecast, the snow should be completely gone by next week I think. I might try the park until the yard dries up, well see.

We played outside on the driveway this am for two hrs. It was great! The kids missed the ride on toys and scooters. Lol. But my yard is still full of snow and ice our castle slide and pirate ship are still frozen to the ground. Can not shake them lose to bring out to play hopefully soon!!!

Euphoric !
    We are having yucky weather today. It hustled started snowing again today. Just when my yard was starting to dry up

Euphoric !
    I thought I lucked out this year and missed my usual winter blues....but nope!! It's setting in now

We've had weeks of no snow, yard is good, rubber boots, spring coats etc and than the next week back to a yard full of snow, winter clothing and blah weather! Today is gross!! However, the next few days are supposed to be nice and warm so I'm sure the snow will be gone quick again....eventually it will be over right?!?!

Euphoric !
    Weather's wonky here. Friday was like plus 14 and we ate supper outside in the evening it was so warm...Saturday we woke to a yard full of snow (that had been grass the day before).

Today was nice again...we spent 1.5hrs outside. Brought out all the riding cars and Tonka trucks etc and played out on the driveway in the sun. Didn't realize how much I missed being outside for long periods until now! Really hoping the weather stays decent!!