Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expansive...

Insurance in Ontario (Toronto to be specific)

I'm hitting a lot of road blocks when it comes to insuring my new home.

We just bought our first house! YAY!!!! I thought getting financing was stressful but getting insurance is KILLING ME!!!

I'm close to looking at commercial business insurance but before I pay an arm and a leg. . . . I was hoping for some assistance

Even with the new bill I will have more than 5 children (which seems to be a limit with those I've called) My older daughter is in school full time and therefore does not count in my numbers. I'll have a total of 6 children including my own two kids.

Anyone have a rider on their insurance that covers more than 5 children? where? who? how much?

heeeeeeeeeeeelp =)

I'm with the co operators and they cover 6 kids. But I thought with the new rules ur only allowed to have five kids at once???

Expansive...
    your own children in full day school do not count

Thanks so much! I'm waiting to hear back from them right now! you gave me a little hope

Euphoric !
    I'm confused. If the daycare is in your home then you don't need to cover your daughter as part of the home daycare. Your own children are covered under your regular home insurance as they are in their own home. You need extra insurance on the children in your daycare that do not reside at your house.

That's how it worked for my home insurance.

Yes same as lee bee. Mine covers my five daycare kids. Not my two.

Expansive...
    When I first called around years ago, State Farm would cover for 6 kids, but I was told I had to include my own in the total. Most companies only offer a ryder on the home policy. Wawanesa will offer a higher level of insurance, but will charge about $1200 higher than a regular home policy.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy ECE mommy View Post
    When I first called around years ago, State Farm would cover for 6 kids, but I was told I had to include my own in the total. Most companies only offer a ryder on the home policy. Wawanesa will offer a higher level of insurance, but will charge about $1200 higher than a regular home policy.
    Pretty sure we are still with Wawanesa, though we don't pay more than the other companies as my husband does call around and price check yearly. Wawanesa did come out and do a home inspection and checked out the daycare, the children and asked me questions about my education and all that. I just called our insurance broker and informed her of each new child starting so she always had our current number. I only paid for daycare children and not my own. I don't know why you would have to pay for your own child. Isn't the point of the daycare coverage incase a daycare child gets injured and sues you? I won't sue myself if my child gets injured...and my child and I are covered under the regular insurance.

This is a constant misunderstood subject. Even agents misinform people enquiring. State Farm covers 5 children plus your own. I was told otherwise back in 2006 so I asked to see the policy in writing. They showed me in the book and they were all apologetic for getting it wrong by telling me it was 3 or 4. It is 5 plus your own, I have read it and know for sure that is what it is. State Farm has now been bought out by Certas Home although the State Farm brand is still being used.

Expansive...
    thanks for the above comment. Who are oyu guys with though? Everyone I called says my kids are included so if you could give me the nme of the insurance company then I will call them

Co operators is mine