Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by ebhappydc View Post
    (Suzy, you could work for law enforcement, nothing gets past you).
    Not worked for police but worked on and off for years on side as insurance investigator. Fake claims, fraudulent claims etc. (family business) - that is why tone, text, manner, personalities, commonalities don't often get past me. It's also why I have the belief I've already stated.

Often if a fake persona is proven, a new one appear in short time. Cheats are always cheats. Fraudulent claimants tend to have pattern of dishonest schemes. Liars are always liars. But mixed in with lies, the true person has traits that show through. When caught, if the clues are shared, next time round, those give away clues are addressed.

But underlying personal traits (victim mentality, the blame game (everyone else is odd/rude/disrespectful), pity votes, condescending tone, need for centre of attention) all are pattern they can't escape.

This is those who investigating don't release all the information. There are always traits/clues which aren't disclosed.

If you call someone out on being fake, and tell them why and then same fake/scam/scheme pops up and only the clues you shared are changed but the other tell-tale signs not changed, then it often easier to spot. Also, you get to see the common behaviours.

I have my beliefs and reasons for holding them. Someone crying "unfair" is not going to change my mind because liars lie and it's about deflecting attention. The normal way of doing the is to try and turn attention back on accuser.

Everyone who ever had a teen knows this.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie_Homemaker View Post
    Not worked for police but worked on and off for years on side as insurance investigator. Fake claims, fraudulent claims etc. (family business) - that is why tone, text, manner, personalities, commonalities don't often get past me. It's also why I have the belief I've already stated.

Often if a fake persona is proven, a new one appear in short time. Cheats are always cheats. Fraudulent claimants tend to have pattern of dishonest schemes. Liars are always liars. But mixed in with lies, the true person has traits that show through. When caught, if the clues are shared, next time round, those give away clues are addressed.

But underlying personal traits (victim mentality, the blame game (everyone else is odd/rude/disrespectful), pity votes, condescending tone, need for centre of attention) all are pattern they can't escape.

This is those who investigating don't release all the information. There are always traits/clues which aren't disclosed.

If you call someone out on being fake, and tell them why and then same fake/scam/scheme pops up and only the clues you shared are changed but the other tell-tale signs not changed, then it often easier to spot. Also, you get to see the common behaviours.

I have my beliefs and reasons for holding them. Someone crying "unfair" is not going to change my mind because liars lie and it's about deflecting attention. The normal way of doing the is to try and turn attention back on accuser.

Everyone who ever had a teen knows this.
    I have same feeling as you and see the similar styles. But to be honest, I was afraid you were a Rachel (don't ask) at the beginning of your posts and I was wrong.

But if you're right then still no matter really. Just gets us providers talking about ideas about potential situations like we would in a childcare class/business setup. In this case makes us all aware of what can happen during interview, and to remind everyone to be very careful of Kijiji strangers that arrange interviews with us. True or not, might as well take the good out of it and ignore the rest.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ebhappydc For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I don understand why we talk about investigators suzie? Not nice to act that way and speak to others and tell others their thought stupid. What make your opion better then rest? I hope you not act this way with yours daycare children.

It is very spooky feeling to know you talk to someone in your home face to face who was fake person and you have no idea what intensions were.

Starting to feel at home...
    OK - Im so confused? Im not trying to offend anyone in any way...but did I miss a post here somewhere? Hape was concerned about about an interview she felt weary about it. Some people maybe look past things, and take longer to understand what others are all about/suggesting or getting at. Sometimes people trust others too much, but dont trust their own judgement, hence the reason why Hape came on the forum asking for help. Not sure how this all got turned around into what kind of person Hape is? Again, not offending anyone, just really confused??

Shy
    Yes innisfildaycare that what I was try to do. Suzie ask if I am a Emma but I say my name Sophia so I don understand why she keep talk and talk. Do you think we know one anoter other? I not understand what you trying to get across.

Hape- That is a very very awful feeling. I personally don't have my kids home when interviewing. My husband takes them out for a doughnut at the tims around the corner from our house, and comes back usually within 30 - 40 minutes.
    I don't allow anyone to take anything except a copy of my contract ( my husband being awesome put water marks on the paper, interviewed a person who was looking for contracts to copy for her daycare. She called two days later wanting to know how to get the watermark off. She had tried to photocopy it for her clients. I was like"Your not only going to steal my hard work, but your even going to steal my name?".), photo's ect. Parents must come with their child, and I ask if they are switching from another daycare to have a letter of progress for the dcp( lets me know how they were in daycare, any areas that are problematic ect.)

Starting to feel at home...
    We have all experienced weird interviews. I remember meeting a couple they were looking for care for their daughter, first they wanted full-time and the mom did tell me that she was off every second Friday but she would have no problem in paying me anyways. After, they leave, we communicated by e-mail back, now she wants 8 days instead of 10. She asked for my references call them and never call me back.

What I learnt is trust your instincts and we should always be in the driver's seat. If they are not a fit for your daycare, at the time of the interview you should just let them know. I also remember interviewing a family without their children, I took them on as clients become their father is my neighbors. The family was a nightmare and their boys were not a fit for my daycare. I also have another rule, meet the husband and wife, I tell them that I want to meet both of them with their child. One interview, I usually interview Saturday morning, my days are long enough, no need to conduct interviews in the evening.

Shy
    I get that the 'ministry' can come and inspect your home. But for one I never answer the door when home doing daycare. My door stays locked. And is only open for parent drop offs/pick ups. And even if by chance I did answer the door so many creepy stuff happens I would be very cautious and skeptical at opening the door for someone who announced they worked for the 'ministry' what if was said under a rouse and it was actually a home invader?? Yes I watch too much criminal minds lol.