Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shy

Weird..............

I experience the strange interview Tuesday. I read one time someone say there may be secret inspections where say they need care but really undercover. Tuesday I had mom come for interview dad run late. She come at 5 and I have another interview at 5:30, 5:30 come around and new family come for interview, I tell mom I have another family here....She say noooooooooo my husband be here soon...knock on door it husband. She tell husband I interview another family and she want to come back when I finish interview so dad can meet me. They come back but there were so many weird stuffs that happen.
    -ask mom to see photo of son, she kept saying how cute he is, she tell me she forgot her cell pone and the phone she using in front of me is work phone
    -she communicate with husband using "work" phone
    -she keep asking for my Id , I thought it strange how she ask so I say it not here
    -when I ask son name she get confused and say Huck
    -when they come back say wanted to my reference and cpr while he reading mom ask me for tour? She was already here and my daycare space not very big no need for a tour , feel like she try to distract me from something
    -they wanted to take copy of my police check and diploma from school, I say no
    -mom say she common law and then dad say they married
    -they bring print out of my daycare ad o kijiji
    -the leave at 6:30 so I wonder to myself by the time they get son it is 7 ish what daycare open that late
    I may be paranoid but does this seem od to any others?

Euphoric !
    Undercover for what? Seriously!

Community Services are perfectly entitled to knock on your door and ask to check you out, even if you private day care. The idea they do this undercover is beyond stupid.

They would have to risk being told vacancy gone, or that carer not interested or that carer vetting process knocked out their "undercover parent" when they can just ID themselves and come in 100% of the time.

This is daycare. Not the secret service. If you actually think about the pros and cons of them pretending to be anything else, you'll realized it make no sense and totally pointless exercise.

Talking of weird...why did you ask to see photo of son? If you didn't insist on the son coming to interview, when did you anticipate meeting the child? Why would it matter what the child looks like ? I don't have any photos of my kids on my phone. Nothing odd about that. What is odd, is you asking to see a photo!

So what if she communicated with her husband using her work phone. If that's the only one she has with her, what did you expect her to use?

Why would you lie to a potential client about if your ID is there? It's your house isn't it? If you don't want to give your ID to anyone, that's fine but why lie? Why not say that it's irrelevant and if you don't like the way the interview is going, why didn't you tell them to leave?

Of course parents want a tour! They want to see where the children will eat, sleep and play. If that's not common for your interviews, that's is odd.

I could continue down your list of point but more I read from you, more I think you are Emma. You make no sense. You think they behaved odd but I think you did too and when something doesn't make sense, it's not normally true.

Outgoing
    I don't know what to make of this but all I can say is I always try to have another adult home with me after daycare hours because there have been some bad outcomes from Kijiji ads. (Suzy, you could work for law enforcement, nothing gets past you).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ebhappydc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Actually sounds almost like someone interested in opening a daycare themselves and potentially looking to steal info - contract, diploma, police check, etc. While distracted maybe dad would be taking pictures of the set up - say this because I had a family do this exact thing or at least attempt to. I now refuse to interview if the child is not present. I am interested in how the child interacts with me and the parents as part of my decision. If they show up at the door without child I send them away to rebook. Not interested in dealing with multiple visits. It is odd for them to ask to be "separated" as it was to show the dad the place too so he can read the forms at home and he should have been part of the tour. I see lots of red flags in this. Not sure I would get paranoid about undercover as far as the ministry goes but for sure there are parents looking for info to start their own daycare that operate this way. I would prefer they just be upfront and I will talk to them and mentor them if they just ask.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to playfelt For This Useful Post:

I also agree that this wouldn't be ministry as they have any right to come and ask to come in. But I tottally agree with playfelt. and I also wonder that ppl can come in to check the house out to come back to rob it later or something. to try to keep me safe I use facebook and word of mouth for advertising. I don't trust kijiji. And I ALWAYS say the child has to be present to. I send away also to rebook when child is here.

Shy
    Suzie you ask me my name I tell it my name is Sophia so why you call me Emma? You not very nice all I was try to do it get some opinion. English is not my first language so I might have said some in wrong way. I not weird for asking for photo, the mom keep telling me how cute son is so I ask if she had photo. Many parents have photo of kids in phone or wallet that was my test to see if she had son cause I have weird gut feeling. She had tour already, she ask for second one while husband was reading my stuff. He did have his phone out the whole time so I think he take some pitures. Thank you everyone for helpg me

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hape* For This Useful Post:

Shy
    You right! she keep asking me where I buy this toy and that toy so she can buy for son. She say son is at daycare while I do interview and I ask her what hour do the need, they say to me 9:5 at there current daycare and they would keep same hours with me, but they leave at 6:20-6:30 so who watch child, strange to me

Euphoric !
    It is a bit weird but I think I agree with playfelt. Sounds more like a person wanting to open up a hdc and is looking around to see what the competition looks like. She's dedicated though if that's what she's doing...I wouldn't bother coming back lol

Shy
    ahhaha I agree, thank you for post

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hape* For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    WOW! Seriously? Way to much for my brain to handle at days end! LOLOLOL