Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nursery School

Euphoric !

Nursery School

Just really excited to share...not really related to home daycare. I have Fridays off. We decided to sign our 25months old up for nursery school Friday mornings. To give her a chance to be part of a larger group and listen to other adults and all that. Today was her first day.

I did a very quick drop and run. I had prepared her as best as I could with lots of books. But she looked utterly confused as I put her through the doors, turned and left! I could hear her crying as I left.

I went back 2hrs later (10min early) and all was calm and quiet during story time. I wanted so badly to peek in at her but I stayed hidden until they let her out. She was happy as could be telling everyone her mommy was there. The teacher said she cried a very, very long time but that they got her calmed. She was happy when I arrived and she is in a great mood since I got her. So I consider that a big success! She also came home with 3 paintings and glue project. We don't have family in town so she really doesn't get much time away from us. We do leave her with a variety of sitters but it isn't that often (they cost a fortune!) She is also cutting her top molars (one cut yesterday but the other one is all bubbled up and she slept horribly last night due to the teeth. So not the best day to start school on her own. But she did it :-)

Yay. That is so exciting!!! Good for her! Each time will get easier. She'll love it, learn lots and have so much fun. And yay u get a two hr break!! Lol! I remember the first time I brought my daughter to the first day of SK at school. She was homeschool up till then. She was totally excited and practically ran into the yard to play. And here I was hiding behind the dumpster spying on her. Haha. Good times

Outgoing
    And what did YOU get to do with your precious time off you lucky duck?

Euphoric !
    I had grand plans of coming home and doing tons of housework in my 2hrs. But instead I came home, made tea and did absolutely NOTHING! ahhhhh nice. In future weeks I think I will go for a long, silent, calm walk :-)

I almost feel embarrassed being so excited for her to have nursery school to go to and for being so proud that she is learning to have fun on her own. All the families I've worked for and all our friend's kids spend like 50hrs a week in childcare...so her 2hrs seems like such a small feat. But I have to keep reminding myself that 2hrs once a week is actually a much bigger milestone than full time care, it is much harder on her to go somewhere new on her own with a week between visits. I get to celebrate and be proud!

The 2hr break was perfectly times though as my husband had to travel for work all this week...and I've been here with a molar teething fiercely independent yet needy toddler!

Euphoric !
    That's awesome!! Good job to both of you

Expansive...
    That's great for the 2 of you and it will get easier for her too, I like the idea of going on Silent, calm walks it is so refreshing on a Friday