Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Euphoric !

WWYD underwear Q?

So I have a completely (day and night) trained 2.5yr old. I recently switch her from floor potty to toilet top potty. With the switch she has had a few spills onto her pants while peeing -because she tries to lean back and slouch aiming the pee out lol.
    When I made the switch I explained to mom we need extra clothes for a bit as I expect some messes. Mom completely understood and sent a ton of extra clothes each day in her bag. We did a few days spill free but today she peed all over the pants/panties while on the toilet. I went to get new clothes to find 6pants, 7 pairs of socks and 2 shirt lol. ZERO underwear. So my question is would you skip the undies, use a pull up or use another kids underwear??

I put her in a pull up. I just couldnt bring myself to put my own kids panties on another kid!! She is somewhat sensitive to things so I felt no panties would bother her (and it was right before nap and I didnt want her to not sleep because of no panties and seams bugging her).

Just curious what others would do.

I would have done the same. Borrowed another child's pull up. I don't think it would be a good idea to share underwear. I can't imagine most parents would be happy with that either.

Starting to feel at home...
    I would put her in a pull up or no underwear, although I do have issues with no underwear. I would not have her borrow other's clothing, including my own children's. I used to lend out clothing, but then I was not getting it back and the other kids would show up wearing my kids clothing.

Send mom a text, when you can, asking that she add underwear to the bag as it seems to have been missed. And let her know her daughter is in not in underwear or has a pull up on because she had no clean underwear.

Have had that happen. Wouldn't use others panties it be different if they borrow pants shirt maybe even socks but not panties. When it happened to me I didn't put anything on. Didn't bother the kid. But if she is going to be bothered by just pants then yes a pull up is good. Just remind her it's because ur momma forgot panties and u still got to pee on the potty.

Euphoric !
    Ok… wasnt sure if I was being weird about the panties! I cringed at the thought of sharing them lol. I texted mom, who panicked and tried to send dad with panties… which I called off. I dont want dad showing up in the middle of nap! Mom was just worried i was annoyed… i could care less. They are usually really great with sending everything i request. She is fine with the pull up for a half day.

Euphoric !
    I would have done no underwear or a pull up if she really was bothered by the no underwear.

Starting to feel at home...
    I had this EXACT situation happen a couple of months ago! Dcg peed on the back of her pants and undies and had no undies in her bag, just pants, tops etc. My daughter is 1 year older and had a bunch of undies that no longer fit her. So I put one of those on dcg and told mom at pick up and gave her a few more pairs to keep that no longer fit my girl. The parents were totally fine with this and thanked me. I don't see what the big deal is, they were clean, un-stained and in excellent condition.
    To each their own I suppose!

I would put the pull up on her too. I would text mom to let her know. I couldn't put someone else underwear on.

Euphoric !
    Yep pull-up too!

Expansive...
    I actually put aside a few very clean (like new) underwear that my own son and daughter outgrew when they were a size 2, 3, 4 and I keep them clean and on hand just in case of severe emergencies. I usually write a note to the parent explaining that I borrowed them my 'extra' pairs and the parents usually thank me, wash them and send them back.

I have been in the same situation and wondered which route to go and felt bad about sticking a trained child back into pullups.

THe goods news is - that your dcparents will likely be packing spares tomorrow