Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Best experiences with wrist links

So the sun is shining and finally here in southern Ontario the temp is creeping up to mean outdoor time is back to being a regular daily thing. I have a quad stroller and want to get walking again. I have a 5th kid this spring though...The walker is without question a particular child as he is so heavy. It's hard for me to lift him...I'd guess he is about 50lbs.....solid as a rock and there is no way I can push him in the stroller and have the older kid walk. So, I'm not thinking any kind of kiddy step/trailer/boogy board would help, but he is prone to resistance, so I don't want him to have any opportunity to run off so I want a wrist link so even if he stops walking in a moment of stubbornness, it will bring me to a grinding halt also.

Has anyone had positive experiences with wrist links that they could make a recommendation? I could buy any old thing but wanted to know if anyone had one they tried and liked.

Thanks in advance.

Euphoric !
    When I have a walker(s) that I don't think will walk nice or I'm afraid they're a runner, I use the backpack harnesses. It buckles around their stomach and I attach the other end to the stroller or to my wrist. It has 2 buckles so if they were to undo it, I'd notice before they got the 2nd one undone. They have always worked wonders for me.

The only thing that I don't like about them is that it does create a lot of "fake" independence and I sometimes wonder if it will create a habit of the child not wanting to hold hands with an adult when needed. To try and stop this, I make the child hold onto to the stroller as much as possible (some sidewalks don't always allow room for this) and especially when we cross streets. To shorten the "leash", I just wrap it around a few times on the stroller handle or my wrist.

They sell them at Walmart for $10 and come in cute little animal options.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post: