Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Shy
    I'd take it as an indirect threat. I'd burn the bridge and start fresh with a new family. What if down the road his 'lawyer friend' says the 4 year old should try attending again or the dad says his 4 year old has really improved and asks if he can come back...but really hasn't and you have a terrible time again and have to reterminate?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to adaycarelady For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by adaycarelady View Post
    I'd take it as an indirect threat. I'd burn the bridge and start fresh with a new family. What if down the road his 'lawyer friend' says the 4 year old should try attending again or the dad says his 4 year old has really improved and asks if he can come back...but really hasn't and you have a terrible time again and have to reterminate?
    So what? If she decides to keep the daughter, then she has a contract to provide care for the daughter. It not matter what Dad says in future about the son! He could say he an angel or he could say he's bright green, none of it make any difference. The son has been termed, the provider not obligated to give second chance. No rules that say if one sibling in care there is obligation to give others chance.

So many what ifs! LOL

If they stay...If lawyer gives more advice to parents...If Dad wants son to have second chance...If day care provider has vacancy...If provider agrees...If Dad lied....If son is still badly behaved...If provider needs to terminate again.

OMG, you'll drive yourself insane making decisions based on 500 what ifs. How do you turn your brain off at night and get any sleep? How do you ever make a firm decision on anything? LOL

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Thanks everyone. I'm not too worried about DCD asking for me to give his son another shot in the future... I'd just tell him no way. I think that my gut is telling me to just cut ties. I really like the little girl and it'll be a shame letting her go too, but I'd be stressing about DCD's reaction to every bump or scratch (she's just learning to walk so it's bound to happen!).

Appreciate your feedback. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie_Homemaker View Post
    So what? If she decides to keep the daughter, then she has a contract to provide care for the daughter. It not matter what Dad says in future about the son! He could say he an angel or he could say he's bright green, none of it make any difference. The son has been termed, the provider not obligated to give second chance. No rules that say if one sibling in care there is obligation to give others chance.

So many what ifs! LOL

If they stay...If lawyer gives more advice to parents...If Dad wants son to have second chance...If day care provider has vacancy...If provider agrees...If Dad lied....If son is still badly behaved...If provider needs to terminate again.

OMG, you'll drive yourself insane making decisions based on 500 what ifs. How do you turn your brain off at night and get any sleep? How do you ever make a firm decision on anything? LOL
    You've got a great point... I'm already driving myself batty with the "what ifs". I'd be paranoid anytime the little girl fell down or did anything at all. I don't need that stress in my life. I'm going to look to replace. Thanks :-)

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie_Homemaker View Post

So many what ifs! LOL

I sleep just fine at night and also can make firm decisions.