Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Rate for walking to school?

Hi
    Just wondering what people would charge daily for walking an SK student to and from school? There would be no care involved beyond making sure he gets to school and back (we live across the street from the school).
    TIA
    Last edited by Marie999; 04-18-2015 at 07:34 PM.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie999 View Post
    Hi
    Just wondering what people would charge daily for walking an SK student to and from school?
    TIA
    First, need to explain...It not a matter of just walking a child to school. For a day home provider, it a matter of maintaining ratios of children permitted in the province.

A day home provider, would need to allocate one of her places to your child, even if it's a two minute walk. We are not able to go over our ratios for even 60 seconds and so, you would be charged for the space which has to be reserved for your child.

My daily rate is $35.00. I do not offer half day care or hourly care. My places are allocated on a day which is reserved for a child, regardless of if they are here for the full day or not.

Some provider might change by half day.

A day care provider is potentially the most expensive means to get your child to and from school. It might be much cheaper (and easier) to find a stay-at-home Mom who is taking their own child and see if they would come to an arrangement to walk yours in too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

I would do 5$/day. 25$/wk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I'm confused. Marie999, you are the parent in this situation, correct? So...who's in the house with your child before and after school? Why can't that person take them across the street?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kindertime For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I'm home with younger kids, I don't want to pack everyone up. I am thinking of approaching someone or maybe even a grade 8 student to walk him to SK for me.

Outgoing
    If you went to the school and asked the principal or someone there, they might help, tell you a couple of older students who were responsible or maybe they have a program you don't know about. I have been hearing good things about a "walking school bus" program. Google it. Who knows, if you brought it up, someone might start one in your area.

Yeah, me too!