Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Play dates

Expansive...

Play dates

Not related to daycare!

I'm wondering for those of you who have school aged kids how often they have friends over or they go over to a friends house?

I've been finding it difficult to set up play dates for my 7 year old son. We had kids young so we don't have friends/colleagues with kids his age. Im never able to participate in school activities because doing daycare doesn't allow me enough time off to, so I don't get to meet other parents or his classmates...and there are zero kids his age in our neighborhood

He does get invited to bday parties and is always signed up for 1-2 after school activities per week. He doesn't seem to overly care about having friends over either...it's pretty much me who is stressed out about it lol

I invited a friend of his over last November as they get along really well at school, he came over, everything was great, mom said she would call to set something up at their house and....I never heard back.

I know I am all over the place here. I just don't know how this works!?! Plus I am weary of just sending out invites to other parents/kids I hardly know! Should I just chill out and wait for my son to show more interest in having friends over...or should I make more effort?!

Any input is welcome!

I'd chill. Lol. My daughters 7 too and has had a school friend over once a while. But they are still young so I wouldn't worry. I'd wait till they get older and make more friends and play dates will happen more. Remember for school holidays and pd days etc to be careful if u have a friend over as its only five kids per house paid for or not