Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Outgoing

November activities/themes

What kind of activities and crafts are you doing for the month of November?? I think it's still too soon to get into Christmas yet (as much as I want to!!)

Euphoric !
    I save Fall for November so we will do squirrels, leaves falling, getting ready for winter, birds flying south, putting out the bird feeders, emptying the toys from the sandbox to store for the winter. Along with squirrrels and trees we usually talk about other forest animals.

I generally start my christmas unit with the US thanksgiving. We would watch the parade which ends with santa claus. Then when he is done at that parade he goes back to the north pole to get ready. He dropped off some look alike elves to go to shopping malls etc to get ideas from kids and parents to relay back to him. Christmas runs last week of Nov and first two of Dec. Then kids start to go on holidays, block leave (military), my kids used to come from University and life gets busy so we start to take it slower cause the kids are overwhelmed, exhausted from family events nights and weekends and appreciate the down time.

Expansive...
    I am definitely skipping Remembrance day. Last year the kids were too small and this year I think that my 2.5 yr olds are still not ready for it. Do I really want to explain war to toddlers and sacrifice and death? Nope. Not really.

I think we are going to maybe craft less for the first part of the month. I am going to drag the kids out as much as possible before it is too late. If it rains then we will paint or colour. Otherwise I think outdoor time is great still.

We crafted the heck out of halloween. I think we crafted Halloween and fall up one side and down the other and I could use a craft break. lol In a few weeks we will start Christmas so I might be better to use my time planning the Christmas crafts and not planning interim crafts ?? Just my thoughts

We are doing remembrance day, which I am not going into great detail as they are still pretty small but we will try to talk about it a little then we will be attending a service (potentially on the base as my husband may still be posted near home and will be in parade there) we are also going to be talking about hibernation and migration. Generally we what until December to talk about christmas and winter.