Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by sandylynn View Post
    Marie999 are you a home daycare provider?
    No, I'm not. I thought hard about opening a daycare when I was pregnant with my second but ultimately decided to go part time as an independent contractor in my profession instead. I posted on here about it years ago, looking for advice. I just recently came back to the site to ask a question about rates for walking my oldest to school next year and started reading some threads and got curious about the stat day thing....

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie999 View Post
    I also think as a group daycare providers seem to under sell yourselves, in my area there is a pretty significant gap between what home daycare charges and what a centre charges.
    But the market place will dictate our price to an extent.

Sure, we can charge more, but if parent in our area not willing to pay more, then we have no business to run.

Here, day care centre and home day care are similar rate. $35 a day is my rate and that's high end. I have 10 days off a year paid - plus stats.

I'd love to charge more, my client have said they would love to be able to pay more. But already I am $10 more than many - per day.

Like selling a house, it's only worth what someone will pay for it. An over priced house will sit on market with little interest for years and years. We can't afford an empty day care place to sit empty because it driving down our average not running at capacity.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie_Homemaker View Post
    But the market place will dictate our price to an extent.

Sure, we can charge more, but if parent in our area not willing to pay more, then we have no business to run.

Here, day care centre and home day care are similar rate. $35 a day is my rate and that's high end. I have 10 days off a year paid - plus stats.

I'd love to charge more, my client have said they would love to be able to pay more. But already I am $10 more than many - per day.

Like selling a house, it's only worth what someone will pay for it. An over priced house will sit on market with little interest for years and years. We can't afford an empty day care place to sit empty because it driving down our average not running at capacity.
    I think there is a large gap here in some areas of Ontario between hdc and centres. Infant care around 12 mnth mark especially; centres are up to 70 dollars per day, and home daycares still around 40. Don't know why but if I advertise for much more then no calls...

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by ebhappydc View Post
    I think there is a large gap here in some areas of Ontario between hdc and centres. Infant care around 12 mnth mark especially; centres are up to 70 dollars per day, and home daycares still around 40. Don't know why but if I advertise for much more then no calls...
    Day care centre here are around $42 - for 14 hours opening.

Most expensive day care centre, in sought after high-end town, is $45 a day but many parent not able to afford that. Subsidiary rate is max of $22 for those on very small income/in FT school so parent still responsible for $23 of costs.

Most day care centre around here are $32-$38. Most day home are $30-$35. Some charge little more for infant care but not many.

Euphoric !
    It really makes me wonder what justifies daycare centres in Toronto charging $100 per day for infants then. I'm sure the rent etc is higher but not enough to justify these rates. I guess they also have to factor in paying the balance of those of subsidies (if it even comes from the same money).