Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flustered!!!!

Flustered!!!!

Sorry all but I've just got to get this off my chest!! I've got a client who just for some reason cant stop trying to bend my rules!! I gave an exception once (I know shame on me) and told them no more but my goodness its like it goes in one ear and out the other! I try and accommodate but if I start doing it for one then the others look at me and are like well they did it so why cant I. I'm so flustered with it, I am not quite sure how to approach it to be honest, we have talked about it and they said they understood but clearly it just doesn't seem like it. Any thoughts???

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyones1981 View Post
    Sorry all but I've just got to get this off my chest!! I've got a client who just for some reason cant stop trying to bend my rules!! I gave an exception once (I know shame on me) and told them no more but my goodness its like it goes in one ear and out the other! I try and accommodate but if I start doing it for one then the others look at me and are like well they did it so why cant I. I'm so flustered with it, I am not quite sure how to approach it to be honest, we have talked about it and they said they understood but clearly it just doesn't seem like it. Any thoughts???
    Can you be a bit more specific with what's going on. Maybe some examples of what's going on would help us to give you some specifics advice on action to take.

They want to switch days that they come. We agreed on set days and then its like they say hey, I am wondering if you can accommodate on this day for this or that reason. Contract clearly states there will be no switching up of days. I mean of course I want to be flexible but at the same time, the rules are the rules for a reason. Like I said if I start doing it for one, then someone else will be like well I want to do this to and I just cant have that.

Euphoric !
    Just tell them no, we have a contract and these are the rules we agreed on.

I totally understand that you want to accommodate but sometimes we just can't. We have rules set by the gov't just like they have rules set by us and we all need to follow them.

If you can accommodate and want too than go ahead. Don't let what the other parents might do or ask be an influence. Most parents won't even care or realize that xxx child is coming Friday instead of wednesday for example. Even if they do, they are adults and should know that just because one parent is doing something doesn't mean they can too. Sometimes life is a case by case situation.

Euphoric !
    I had a part-time child who was on a set schedule I got 1 month in advance. They were constantly moving days last minute. I had enough. I changed my contract to read that in the event they need a different day than already scheduled one month prior that it was counted as an additional day. It happened once and caught them off guard. They did not like their big daycare bill that pay period! It quit immediately. They shortly after gave notice and left. They needed different care than I was willing to provide. I had a hard time planning and felt like a drop in centre. Nope!! Put your foot down and say no.

Do they want to switch back and forth all the time, or is this possibly that they genuinely need different days ongoing due to a change in circumstances and need to amend their contract? I understand your standpoint, but I don't think they are out of line for asking, why wouldn't they. It's about how you enforce your contract that will be the deciding factor of how they follow it.

Its a case of this pops up and that pops up, is there a way we can switch this day for that one instead. So when something comes up they notify me and then in turn say can we switch this day. We have had the talk twice now and I've told them that there is no day switching, yet they still ask.

Euphoric !
    You can't fault them for asking. Keep saying no and eventually they will stop asking

Expansive...
    I have p-t parents ask if they can change a day here and there, if it is possible I let them but if I can't well I can't, and they are fine about it and they are glad they checked with me, One time a grandma was able to go on a Cruise so I was glad to help

Outgoing
    I do it if I can and doesn't interfere with my numbers...and doesn't put me over I do it...but if they ask for a day that will put me over (2 days I only have 4)...I say flat out NO CAN'T DO IT..NOT ON THAT DAY BUT IF YOU WANT WED...SURE etc