Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

First day transition blues

Hi all. Poor little one, first day. Unconsolable all morning so far. Outside playtime (a beautiful sunshiny day here today!) was brief as she just cried and cried loudly. I've tried and tried all my tricks and have her now in her playpen to give her some space (seems to be working for little 10 min. Intervals). I'm calm...but of course the constant crying is a stress to myself and the other kids (stress=behavior issues). This too shall pass. Many have come before and will come in the future. Just coming on here for a little breather and, to be honest, a small moment of peace Happy Wednesday everyone and hope you're enjoying the sunshine if you have it.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    Yeah, no matter what we try they just need to go through it. She'll soon learn yours is a safe happy place and start to come around. In this phase I have given the other kids earphones during the super hard crying times; that helped a lot since they don't remember their own transition and can get fearful of the ear- splitting cry.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ebhappydc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Enjoy the peace, no matter how small of time it is! Hopefully she transitions soon for ya!

I like the earphone suggestion...good idea!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    We have been so lucky here for more than a year. Can't remember the last time anyone cried (for more than 30 seconds) about anything. I have had the opposite in the past so I can say that I am really appreciating this peaceful time. I know it won't last. I have 3 spots to fill come September. Take care and maybe get some earphones for yourself too!