Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Superyard Playard for toilet training

I have burber carpet in my playroom. No way can I potty train in this space as clean up would mean replacing the flooring. So, I am going to move my family's eating area into the playroom with a rug under the table. and the daycare space out into the eating area which is tiled.

So I have an odd request, does anyone have a superyard/XL playard I can borrow in the GTA? I'd be more than willing to pay a cash deposit, but I'm closing in a few months and really don't want to shell out a good $70-$100 a piece at this point and I'd need two!

I have a 3 1/2 yr old who doesn't want to toilet train, but regardless we need to start and I envision many accidents so tile would be so easy to clean up without me getting stressed out about it.

If it comes to it, I'll have to buy them but I thought it worth a shout out to see if someone would be so kind to loan them to me for a month or so if they are not currently being used.

Thanks in advance. I'm crossing my fingers

Euphoric !
    I dont have one to loan, but I am curious how the super yard comes into your plan! You switching rooms to make ease of clean up, great idea, what will the superyard be for? Just curious!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Bee View Post
    I dont have one to loan, but I am curious how the super yard comes into your plan! You switching rooms to make ease of clean up, great idea, what will the superyard be for? Just curious!!
    Sorry, probably should have been clearer. My daycare is a separate room on the main floor, like a main floor family room or den. My eating area is amidst an open plan area. I would use one super playard to completely section off the kitchen and the other to section the eating area off from my main living area which is hardwood. I then have an extending child gate which will adequately work in a smaller doorway. I'm sure it is hard to imagine, but it's basically to put in place a temporary makeshift room within an open concept floorplan.

Euphoric !
    I assumed it was something like that… but kind of envisioned 3.5yr old sitting it in with a potty until he trained himself lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Bee View Post
    I assumed it was something like that… but kind of envisioned 3.5yr old sitting it in with a potty until he trained himself lol.
    Can you imagine!?! Lol

Euphoric !
    I would just keep the child in pullups and not go to the trouble - make the child's life miserable by going on the potty every 15 minutes (just as soon as they get settled into an activity) and repeat till they pee. After they pee they get to play a full half hour before repeating the process. If child is not able to stay dry for that time they are physically not ready anyways. I train only with pull ups and have only once in 25 years of doing this had a child that went off to JK not trained. Not my job to clean up accidents on the floor unless they are truly accidents - ie once every 6 months cause child is sick.

Outgoing
    Are there any toy/daycare equipment lending libraries in your area? I keep hearing about the new "sharing economy" these days. Might be worth some time googling. I haven't used kijiji but do they have listings for free things? Too bad I'm so far, I actually have one I would be willing to lend. Good luck. And good luck with the training, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Euphoric !
    ToysRUs had them on sale a few weeks back and I got one for use outside this summer for the crawlers.

Quote Originally Posted by kindertime View Post
    Are there any toy/daycare equipment lending libraries in your area? I keep hearing about the new "sharing economy" these days. Might be worth some time googling. I haven't used kijiji but do they have listings for free things? Too bad I'm so far, I actually have one I would be willing to lend. Good luck. And good luck with the training, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    Thank you that is a great idea, I had not thought about that. I reckon I could find something that way. On tomorrows agenda

Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    I would just keep the child in pullups and not go to the trouble - make the child's life miserable by going on the potty every 15 minutes (just as soon as they get settled into an activity) and repeat till they pee. After they pee they get to play a full half hour before repeating the process. If child is not able to stay dry for that time they are physically not ready anyways. I train only with pull ups and have only once in 25 years of doing this had a child that went off to JK not trained. Not my job to clean up accidents on the floor unless they are truly accidents - ie once every 6 months cause child is sick.
    I don't train in pullups and am not about to start now. Also, this child is physically ready to train without question and has been for quite some time. He also understands the whole toileting routine, he just doesn't want to go. He does not want to pee on a potty, on a toilet and it's an anxiety thing for him like other things trigger him too. This is my delayed dcb who has some other delays and issues too. Thank goodness he is not behavioural though. He is going to JK in September and they will not accept him unless he is trained. As for cleaning up accidents, super easy on tiled floor and comes with the territory if you ask me. I'm not going to further hold a child back because of some un-pleasantries and it's not like the kid is going to purposely take a crap in the middle of the floor because he is misbehaving or anything. It's not a physical inability to hold, it's quite the opposite. Perhaps it's because I was in nursing first and cleaning adult excrements for years and it was something else entirely and now toddler poo and pee doesn't phase me. I think it is part of my job to clean up after a toilet training child. I wouldn't start to train if they were not ready, but accidents during training where there are real signs of progression are part and parcel.