Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    painted terra cotta flower pots. I will put a geranium in the pot and we are making square pretzel melted white chocolate and smartie treats......again thanks pinterest

Euphoric !
    We did the "love grows here" decorative plate from this link. http://jaeartworks.blogspot.ca/2010/...is-sprung.html

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaKDT View Post
    Just decided...I am making string flowers this year.

http://mykidsmake.com/2011/04/create/string-flowers/
    Going to try this with a variation - using diluted white craft glue on the yarn like you would use to make the string on a balloon - ie dries hard when done. Then just let them dangle the piece of yarn onto a piece of wax paper or plastic plate in a pile to make the flower. Add a pompom for the centre of the flower and pipecleaner stems. Each flower will be unique - then stand them all in a covered and decorated can.

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by playfelt View Post
    Going to try this with a variation - using diluted white craft glue on the yarn like you would use to make the string on a balloon - ie dries hard when done. Then just let them dangle the piece of yarn onto a piece of wax paper or plastic plate in a pile to make the flower. Add a pompom for the centre of the flower and pipecleaner stems. Each flower will be unique - then stand them all in a covered and decorated can.
    Made the flowers this morning and used the diluted white glue instead and it worked really well. I tried using cookie cutters and found that it was easier to just let the kids drop the yarn on the wax paper, just liked you described. They turned into really pretty flower shapes, kind of like roses. Then I let them put glitter on top. They are half dry right now, and they look really cute. Once they are totally dry we are going to add the pipe cleaner stems.

My only possible problem is that I think I may have had the kids squeeze off a bit too much of the glue when we took it out of the diluted glue. I don't think they are going to be quite as stiff as I was planning. But if anything, we will glue them onto paper and turn them into cards.

Messy but fun!

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdtimesacharm View Post
    This sounds awesome! How did you make the bath salts??
    I just googled a homemade bath salts recipe - it believe it had almond oil, lavender extract, epsom salts and a few drops of food colouring to tint it (I wrote the ingredients on the label encase anyone had a sensitivity to anything). It was a bit expensive buying the supplies, but a little goes a long way and I kept the leftovers to use myself! :-)

The kids each helped measure out the ingredients and them mixed it themselves, and done! Super easy and looked really nice in the glass jars.