Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Playdates!

That's right 5LM. I think your child still counts even if dad is home because he loves there and is your, the provider too. That's what in thinking. Lol

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    Hmm...I'm more confused now lol

I was told by a person in dc offices that even if my husband stayed home with our child as a sahd, I'd still only be allowed 3 dck's as it's 4 per house. So why is that different than a parent coming over for a play date?

Like I said, I've done play dates before and even though I've never thought or worried about it, I now wonder if that puts me over??
    In Manitoba the occasional playdate would probably be okay, as far as I know there is no actual law about it. With being licensed I asked my coordinator about friends coming to visit and she said it was okay as long as it isn't an everyday thing and the parent is there with their child (and that adult is never left alone with the children). I think it is kind of a grey area. But I don't ever do playdates with any other daycare provider at my house, just have a friend or a neighbour come for a visit with their child every once and awhile. It is probably best just to use your good judgment, and having another daycare coming to your property with 4 to 6 other kids probably isn't a wise decision.

But, yes, if you have your own child you have to include them in your numbers even if your husband is home. That is absolutely the case.
    Last edited by AmandaKDT; 05-02-2015 at 12:40 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AmandaKDT For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Yes, I knew about our own child counting in the numbers. I had called awhile ago and asked because financially, it makes more sense for me to keep working and my husband to take parental leave. However, it doesn't work because I'd only be allowed 3 instead of 4 kids. It doesn't matter that he would be home 24/7, that my dc is completely separate from our living space or even if he took our child to his parents house during the day. Seems so silly to me that it's not allowed but play dates with other parents is "okay". Oh well, the law is the law I guess!

As for my dc play dates, they have always been with past parents and their children. I had a provider near me suggest we get together but I think we're going to do it at a nearby playground.

Outgoing
    This is sooooo RIDICULOUS! I guarantee a lot of people will not be following this because they don't know about it!!!!

I wanted to ask but forgot....what if I'm watching my seven nieces and nephews on Saturday? Do the over five only apply from mon to fri? Wondering??!!

Outgoing
    What you do on your days off is your business....that cannot possibly count...if so...I'd tell them to stuff it! People on this forum are taking this thread WAY TOO FAR.....chillax people....

It's hard to chillax when the fine can go up to 200,000$. That's an amount that I just can't play around with. U may be safe in your area, but I know in my area there are ALOT of people traffic and staring people. I am just trying to cover my ass if anyone were to call on me. It takes just ONE call to send someone to my house!

Outgoing
    I am strictly speaking of Saturday and sunday....nothing to do with daycare....you can have as many family over as you want!!!!

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by babydom View Post
    I wanted to ask but forgot....what if I'm watching my seven nieces and nephews on Saturday? Do the over five only apply from mon to fri? Wondering??!!
    You are fine on your days and evenings off. Idk about where you are but here in MB you could even babysit 10 children during your evenings and weekends off and that is legal.....makes complete sense hey! Lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    You are fine on your days and evenings off. Idk about where you are but here in MB you could even babysit 10 children during your evenings and weekends off and that is legal.....makes complete sense hey! Lol
    Same here in ON...very loose laws on babysitting. Also daycare services within a gym are exempt from the day nurseries act. I reported one years ago and was told by the authorities that they could not step in unless physical harm was caused AND the parent of that child filed a written complaint. There were over 30 kids, separated into two rooms roughly 10years and over in one room and the other youngsters in an adjacent room with one adult walking inbetween the two areas. My kids were 4 and 5 at the time and I was mortified at what I saw. DNA is definitely inadequate on a grand scale....shame bill 10 is all about profit not safety.