Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Playdates!

Playdates!

I know with Bill 10 rules you are not allowed to have play dates IN your home if there is over five kids in the house. If one caregiver has two kids and u have three then that's ok because you can only have five per house regardless of adults present.

So my question is how about outside in my fenched in backyard? Or out on my driveway with ride on toys? What if I have five then another caregiver comes to play OUTSIDE either front or back, is that OK??? Anyone know?? Thanks!!

Starting to feel at home...
    I would say this would not be allowed as it is still technically on your property.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3rdtimesacharm For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I think if it's a public place, than you're fine.

Backyard and driveway are yours, so private land, I'm guessing it's not allowed. So silly IMO but....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Ok. I was thinking not backyard because it is more secluded and fenched in. But i was hoping the front was ok, just out in the open on the front lawn and driveway. I guess to the park we go thanks ladies

Then I think....what if I have five and one mom comes to pick up her child but has her older school age child (under 13yrs) with her...now there's six kids on my driveway or in my front door for five mintues, I'll get in trouble! Haha. So many scenarios I think about and say what if, is this ok? Think I'm driving myself batty. Haha
    Last edited by babydom; 05-01-2015 at 08:09 AM.

Euphoric !
    I've never really given much thought to play dates but there have been times I've been over then. I also prefer to do interviews during the day so I imagine that makes me over too....whoops!!

A parent picking up won't put you over

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

That is absolutely ridiculous. So what is the difference between having a childs birthday on a Saturday in my home with 13 children? Is it because they are not paying for care?? They are at my home during non-work hours? So I have 5 kids during the week, and my sister drops by with her two kids for a visit, I should kick them out? Thats silly..Im not sure they would go that far as to fine a daycare provider for that, or if another provider comes over for a play date. You are in your home with your own 5 daycare children, as long as you follow the rule with 5 kids at any given time by contracts under your care only, I think visitors are allowed as they are just that, visitors. The children coming for a play date with another provider are just visting, you are not breaking the law, you have your required amount of children in care. I think it would be different, if my sister came over every day to run the daycare, and then I took on 10 kids (5 per each), just because there are two of us, that is not allowed. As far as going on on the drive way and riding bikes up and down the sidewalk, I really cant see that being a problem because that would just be plain silly. I havent re-opened my daycare yet, but everyday after I have my boys friends over playing hockey in my basement, there are well over 5 boys that do not belong to me. Most days, I have over 7 kids (not icluding my own two) over all at once.
    Sorry, I hope I am not coming across as ignorant or oblivious to Bill 10 and I also have no intention of offending anyone. My point in all of this, is that they are not being 100% clear with all of the rules and mostly seem to be making up answers along the way as providers call and ask. The print out I have of bill 10, no where states that I can not have visitors in my home during daycare hours. Mind you I havent had the time to sit and go over every little detail!

I called the Childcare Ministry to get clarification there's only allowed five children under the age of 10 now but under 13 in January in your care allowed on the premises so you cannot have a play date in your house, back of your house or the front of your house if the children's parents are not there. If a sister or friend comes over with kids and remains with their kids they can stay for a play date because those kids are not in your care their parent is present but if the caregiver comes over with five kids and you have five then you're over and subject to a fine because those other caregivers five kids parents are not present and are in care of someone else. hope this clears it up... it did for me

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

But this has always been the case, before Bill 10. We have always been restricted to 5 daycare kids, and playdates were still illegal if that put us over our numbers.

I guess no one never knew?? I didn't. The Orleans, ont daycare didn't know when one little drowned. I knew never over 5 and I knew no more then 5 in the house workin regardless of adults, like me and my husband can't have ten kids total but never knew about play dates. Now I do.

Thank god providers in my area want nothing to do with each other anyways! lol Does anyone know where I can get the info in writing as oppose to someone claiming the rules over the phone? Id be curious to see how they word it? As far as I would be concerned, I am following the rules with 5 kids in my care. Other children are just visitors regardless whether or not they are with their parents or another provider, I am not their provider.