Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Saved $200 doing DIY project! Teepee tent using only dollar store material

I have another DIY project that I have just completed! I am opening up a home daycare in the next month or so and I really wanted one of those teepee tents but I knew if I was ever going to have this in my home daycare I would have to make it myself because there is no way I am spending 200 dollars on some sticks and a sheet (no matter how cute!)

This is the finished result and everything used to make this was bought at the dollar store and it cost under 20 dollars!

tent.jpg

Euphoric !
    First off...that looks AMAZING! The camp fire is right awesome too! A word of warning before such a beautiful piece gets ruined. The tents with poles are easily broken when fallen on...which kids do very easily...especially when inside and excited. So, not only look out for children possibly falling on it and breaking a pole...but look out for damage that can be caused by a broken pole with kids around!

I only use the pop up tents with the young kids. When they land on them weird they just roll and pop back up with no injuries/damage.

I could totally be over sensitive about these things (I had a high jump pole take a chunk out of my knee in grade 5 when I landed on it...needed stitches). I have seen the tent poles snap as well though.

Starting to feel at home...
    Thank you so much!

I was really worried about that too so what I decided I am going to do is to only pull out the tent at circle time (take turns sitting in it) and reading time (as they are not as hyper and settle down while reading instead of free play) that way I can monitor them 100 percent.