Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    About where the charges were laid as in what city and what exactly was the charge as in how worded.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by babydom View Post
    Yes busy ece mommy that's right. U can have five one yr olds now if they all started daycare before dec 4,14. But if u have two under two now u can't take new ones. Where I am not clear is if u have more then two under two now some say some have to turn two by jan but when I called I was told sept
    What we have been told is that at the time of proclamation (expected to be Sept) you must be in compliance with the 2 under 2 unless all of the children you had were with you before Dec 4 meaning they will all be two by Jan 2016 at which time your own children will also need to be included in your counts.

That means if you take on another under age 2 child now then you forfeit the grandfathering clause basically and you must be in compliance by proclamation ie Sept instead of Jan.

Expansive...
    Thanks! I posted the same question on CIPCO's page, and no one was 100% sure either. There are so many providers in my area who don't know anything about the "proclamation" aspect of the Bill. Most are familiar with the basics on Jan1/16. There needs to be another media blitz after the offical proclamation date is announced, as most parents and some providers truly have no clue about being in ratio sooner than Jan 1/16.

Shy
    The age ratios are on a daily basis? So As long as I am within the regulations DAILY I am ok?
    (Mon i have my 1yr old, my 28mos old, a 1yr old, a 3.5yr old. Then Tues I have my 28mos old and both 1yr old daycare kids, my 1yr old is out with grandma)
    So I have a problem when both my 1yr old daycare kids are scheduled on the same day (in combination with my 1yr old) right?

Outgoing
    You could have 10 one-year-olds enrolled if you wanted to, as long as you never have more than 2 under 2 in care at once, including your own.

So yes, you'd have a problem if both one-year-olds were in care at once, along with your own.

Now, this will only be a problem after Jan. 2016, because your own child doesn't count until then. If one of the three (the 2 one-year-olds and your own) have had their second birthday by that point, then you are ok. Make sense?

Shy
    I believe it makes sense! LOL
    Their bdays are Feb 16, Mar 21, Apr 2 - They will then all be 2 yrs old. My daughter will be 3 Jan8. So each month (Feb, Mar, Apr) I could add a one year old?
    And as far as "two years old" is considered, once they are 24mos and then don't count as "under 2"?