Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expansive...

Proclamation-Bill 10

Do we have a confirmed "Proclamation" date for Bill 10 yet? Is it Sept/Oct/Nov?Dec of this year. Swamped with kids looking for care who are about 19-20 months old, and don't know if I can say yes, depending on when their 2nd bdays are this Fall.
    Any ideas where I could find out the confirmed date? Thanks.

Outgoing
    As far as I know, there hasn't been a date published yet. The best we know is "early Fall."

The Ministry of Education website is probably your best bet, and CICPO is still in regular contact with Lisa MacLeod and Garfield Dunlop (the PC's who fought loudest against Bill 10) so they'll be passing on any info as soon as they get it. Technically, it can go through at any time, so it's a gamble to take on an additional under 2 now. You could have 6 months, you could have a few weeks. Not that we need to run a business, or anything

Sorry I don't have more concrete info, as soon as anything comes to light we'll be sure to pass it on.

I called the childcare ministry last wk and was told this September. Actual day in September is unknown. BUT that being said any NEW kids that come into a daycare after dec.4,2014 have to abide by the new rules. So if u already have two under two, you wouldn't be allowed to take in a new one under two.

Euphoric !
    According to the calendar they are done the first week of June and not back till middle of Sept so assuming it might be one of the first things on the agenda.

http://www.ontla.on.ca/lao/en/media/...y_calendar.pdf

Euphoric !
    Until that happens we are able to take new kids if they will be 2 by proclamation as in until that time the DNA is in effect and that was confirmed by contact with the ministry by others no matter how much they want us to not do it. So if the children you are taking now will be 2 by mid September then I don't see an issue since by proclamation you will be incompliance with any new children that started after Dec 4 as in they are not grandfathered in.

If you have 2 under 2 right now you can't take another under two even if one will be two by mid sept. Because u will have three under two. If all under two started daycare before dec 4,14 then it's ok aslong by sept you will only have two under two. But because the third and new under two is starting after dec4,14 U'll be subject to fine. I know this because I called last wk and then ran into a caregiver at the park who was fined 2000$ because she had four under two but two started in February.

Expansive...
    @babydom-As I understand it, any children in your care before Dec 4/14 will have until Jan1/16 and be grandfathered so that they may turn 2. So technically you could have 3 or 4 one year olds at one time, depending if some started last fall, and some started after the bill passed.
    This needs to be clarified, as many providers think they could take on 3 new one year olds(after dec 4), as long as they are 2 by proclamation.

Yes busy ece mommy that's right. U can have five one yr olds now if they all started daycare before dec 4,14. But if u have two under two now u can't take new ones. Where I am not clear is if u have more then two under two now some say some have to turn two by jan but when I called I was told sept

Euphoric !
    Need more information on that incident then because that is not what our association here in Ottawa is saying and they are in constant contact with the ministry and we have it in writing that we follow the current DNA rules until proclamation. Guessing there had to be some other issue at play.

What city was this in?

In regards with what playfelt?