Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    I just had a playdate with one of my girlfriends and she is going through the exact same situation. The money she lost was significantly less ($1000) but she proceeded to go through small claims court. It costs $150 to file and she did win but even so she never got the money. I wasn't aware that in Ontario even is you win there is no guarantee to get monies back. The daycare provider is stating she has lost many daycare children and cannot afford to pay money back and doesn't have to pay! My husband is a lawyer so he helped out and stated that worst case it would only effect her credit. Sad but just something I wanted to let you know before you decided to get a lawyer or go to court so you don't risk loosing anymore. I am so sorry that happened to you I know how stressful it was for her. Best of luck

Euphoric !
    Sad but just something I wanted to let you know before you decided to get a lawyer or go to court so you don't risk loosing anymore.
    Any court case means person has to consider costs of getting to court, chance of win, and then yes, chance of getting money. With self-employed people there no wages to garnish after getting a judgement. But Judgement against someone will affect credit so for most people that is enough to get them to pay up.

For lot of people, a stern letter telling them you not letting it go, is enough. Next step might be lawyer letter. And if that not work, being serve paper to go court, is enough. But if there no money to have, and if credit rating is shot anyway, then can't get blood from stone. It is something to bear in mind. Check how it can be enforced though. Some area allow marshall to go into home and remove items of value to cover judgement.