Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Very Disturbing Phone Call...warning to other providers

I just got a call from a 'NO CALLER ID" I don't usually answer these, but did this time. Big mistake. Warning others on Daycare Bear.

It was a man asking if I run a daycare. Then proceeded to tell me how he is on a waiting list for other daycares and how the list is so long and needs daycare soon. I told him that my next spot is not opening up until end of August. He does not introduce himself. I ask him how he heard about me? Word of mouth? Kijji? he said word of mouth but couldn't remember the persons name. Maybe it was a Laura? I do indeed have a laura as a client. He tells me Laura sometimes babysits and she changes diapers. HUH?? Ummm...okay definitely not my client. He then starts to question my diapering policies and if I do indeed change diapers. Of course, I'm a daycare provider. Then he goes into detail how his last provider did not change diapers and how their son would get a rash. Was asking where I change diapers (mat on floor, changing table, etc.) then asked my technique (WTF?) and he was breathing very, very heavily. Then I got a clue what the sick bastard was up to...then he hung up.

If you get a call for care from a NO Caller ID and the man does not give you his name and just is hell bent on talking about diapers. Hang up. Some sick people out there

I have gotten this call 3 times since I moved last June. It's always the same man. The last time he called I ended up telling him "we can discuss all of this during the interview". Then I tried to ask him questions he didn't want to answer. I ended up telling him I had to go.
    I haven't heard from him since.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Other Mummy View Post
    I just got a call from a 'NO CALLER ID" I don't usually answer these, but did this time. Big mistake. Warning others on Daycare Bear.

It was a man asking if I run a daycare. Then proceeded to tell me how he is on a waiting list for other daycares and how the list is so long and needs daycare soon. I told him that my next spot is not opening up until end of August. He does not introduce himself. I ask him how he heard about me? Word of mouth? Kijji? he said word of mouth but couldn't remember the persons name. Maybe it was a Laura? I do indeed have a laura as a client. He tells me Laura sometimes babysits and she changes diapers. HUH?? Ummm...okay definitely not my client. He then starts to question my diapering policies and if I do indeed change diapers. Of course, I'm a daycare provider. Then he goes into detail how his last provider did not change diapers and how their son would get a rash. Was asking where I change diapers (mat on floor, changing table, etc.) then asked my technique (WTF?) and he was breathing very, very heavily. Then I got a clue what the sick bastard was up to...then he hung up.

If you get a call for care from a NO Caller ID and the man does not give you his name and just is hell bent on talking about diapers. Hang up. Some sick people out there
    I very vaguely recall reading something somewhat similar on here a long while back (like a year ago) something about phoning and asking about diapering, and whether the change table is near a window. I believe another daycare provider posted something like that on this site. I wonder if it is the same creep...or if there are multiple creeps phoning home daycares about such things.

Any chance a call to the police station (non emergency number) would be useful? They might be able to track it, despite it being a private number.

Expansive...
    Ew ew ew Are you ladies all from the same area?

I'm from Toronto, On. Apparently this same sick SOB has called other providers in other provinces. He uses the same tactic so I'm assuming it's probably the same guy.

He called me, I FELT THE SLIME ooozing through the phone, very sick person, and I should also add my hubby answered the phone first and he hu on him and called back.....

Euphoric !
    Why are you ladies not dialling the code to trace the call and then phoning the police?

I did, they said they can't do anything without repeated calls, or threats

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge__driver11 View Post
    I did, they said they can't do anything without repeated calls, or threats
    Well that sucks.

Is there a code to trace a 'No Caller Id"? I don't think there is anything the police can do at this point. Just wanted to warn others of this sick S.O.B.