Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Put it in writing that the shots have to be up-to-date in that one months time or she will have to leave immediately
    so she doesn't come back in a month didn't find someone didn't get the shots and you're still stuck until you give your notice for another 2 to 4 weeks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Try to talk to the mom about the schedule she is using. There is a modified delayed schedule that some parents use based on the idea that the more mature the child's system is the more effective it is. A good example is the MMR. My kids all got it at 15 months rather than 12 months based on my oldest three getting it at 15 months in other provinces. When my fourth came along here in Ontario they wanted to do it at 12 months because they said even though it is more effective if given at 15 months because of kids in daycare they do it at 12 months figuring the lower effectiveness offsets the delay. Since my child wasn't in a centre and everyone else in my daycare was getting it at 12 months I went ahead and waited till 15 months for her.

I like the idea of telling the mom in writing that the immunizations need to be up to date by said date or the contract will be considered terminated by the parent and deposit forfeited. Make sure to cash deposit now so it can't be cancelled by parent.

Starting to feel at home...
    I don't know what to do now, she handed me a copy of her yesterdays updated shots for her daughter, but on the form it doesn't say she got the shots for mumps, measles, varicella, chicken pox, only the polio tetanus I wonder if that is enough to keep her here? what do you think? she is 18 months old and she had two set of the same shots in 2014 but no MMR.

Thanks

That's up to you to decide. If u want the child fully immunized then relay that to mom. Say I feel most comfortable if all children in my care are up to date on all shots. If you are not comfortable with that then i will have to ask you to find another provider.
    If your fine with just some of her shots then carry on. For me I require ALL shots to be up to date including chicken pox. So if this was my client I'd be telling her I am not comfortable with only some of the shots done and perhaps she needs to look for a provider who is comfortable with that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    You need to go with your gut feeling, and stand firm on it. If only have some of the shots concerns you then make it known and have them find alternate care. For me, not having the measles, mumps and chicken pox while in the group setting would concern me. These are all active illnesses that the child can pass on the youngest in your group (who are not yet old enough to be vaccinated) and to the younger siblings of children in your group.

You just need to go with what makes YOU comfortable...they are deciding to deviate from the 'norm' so it is expected for them to run into hiccups along the way. That is not on you. If you are not comfortable with the potential exposure of those illnesses to other children/families in your care then take the steps now to prevent it so you don't regret it later. If it doesn't bother you then move ahead!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post: