Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Please help: private home daycare insurance

I have 15 days to find an insurance company who will insure my home and 5 children attending my daycare. My previous insurance company would allow only 3 childrens.. with them i was paying 1600$ per year for our home and boat. Today i received my first quotation from a local insurance company and it would be 4000$ per year!!! Wooooaa almost fell down my chair. Please ladies let me know where you are insured. Im in Ontario... i need to take care of this real fast and your help will def. help me a lot to

Euphoric !
    wawanesa is the best choice when I was looking into things. You need to find a broker that has them in their portfolio. They are also one of the few companies that will cover your own children +5 DCkids instead of 5 kids total (including your own)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I pay $150 per year for the daycare on top of my home insurance.

Euphoric !
    I agree with torontokids, wawanesa, $30 per child, per year in addition to the regular home insurance costs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Co operators here

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Thank you ladies, I will check them out, I am currently waiting to hear from a Wawanesa Broker... Hopefully it wont be 4000$ per year...

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim1985 View Post
    Thank you ladies, I will check them out, I am currently waiting to hear from a Wawanesa Broker... Hopefully it wont be 4000$ per year...
    I suspect $4,000 is commercial insurance, like for a day care facility. I'll bet they didn't understand it's an inhome day care with a max # of children.

I am also with Wawanesa and it's additional to house insurance but it limits to 4 and does not allow more in this Province. I have 5 children but manage because 2 never here at same time. I have not found insurance to cover all 5 we provincially allowed, even if that was/wasn't including own which is non-issue for me.
    Last edited by Suzie_Homemaker; 05-15-2015 at 03:37 PM.

I just finished my first «finals week» of college and I really had a difficulties managing all of my time trying to complete all of my final papers while also studying for my final tests. I searched the internet desperately looking for some help with my final paper and I am so lucky that I came across the EssayWriter.org writing place. They helped me in a timely fashion and I was able to achieve a fantastic grade on my paper.