Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Outgoing
    How do these people get your emails?

He got mine through an add i posted on kijiji. Now i deleted my add. I don,t want it to happen again.

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by nadz View Post
    He got mine through an add i posted on kijiji. Now i deleted my add. I don,t want it to happen again.
    I wouldn't pull ad as that could cost you potential clients. Just ignore the emails that seem strange and don't list your phone number or address. Email is fine. I wouldn't give up that method of advertising though imo.

Hi I have the same problem with the name Wess Pinet he send me the same email with a pictur of him and his son.
    I feel so stupid because I fell for it and now I have the cheque in my hand of 2,300$ and its now that I realize that something was wrong specialy when he said that there was a mistake and want me to send it back.

Hi,

I just contacted my associate and he said that he misunderstood the instruction I gave to him as regards the amount he was supposed to send to you for the deposit. I am very sorry for his mistake.

Actually, he was supposed to send just money for the payment, and send the rest of the money to me in Mexico for my son's hospital bill.

It would have been the best to send the cheque back to my associate, so he can send the correct amount back to you, but he's presently in United States on vacation with his family. There's no time on our side, I want you to please deduct your 1 month deposit as agreed, then let me know the remaining balance after, so i can give you my information to transfer the balance back to me on time for my son's hospital bill.

Regards

That is what he send me and then he send me this:

Hi,

I really appreciate your understanding. You will need to transfer the balance by Money Gram Transfer to my name. Sending money by Money Gram Transfer is faster, secure and easy. You will need to go with your debit card or cash to any of the Money Gram Transfer agents i searched for you below in your area to transfer the money;

EMBRUN PO

More Information

1034 RUE NOTRE DAME

GD

EMBRUN, ON K0A 1W0

SHOPPERS DRUG MART 1316 - CANADA POST

More Information

703 RUE NOTRE DAME

RR 3

EMBRUN, ON K0A 1W1

Because I'm a foreigner here, I won't be able to receive more than $990 at a time, if it exceeds that, i won't be able to receive the money, so it's important you split the money into two part, send half to my first name and half to my second name;

My Name: WESS, Last Name: PINET---------------$900CAD

My Name: BECER, Last Name: PINET---------------$900CAD

Address: Blvd Francisco Villa No 903 Leon Guanajuato 37510 Mexico

IMPORTANT: Just in case you were asked by Money Gram Transfer Agent about who you're transferring the money to, tell the agent that you're sending the money to a family member because the transfer fees will be lower when sending money to a family member. That's if you were ask by the Money Gram Transfer agent.

There will be a transfer fee to send money through Money Gram Transfer, so just tell the Money Gram Transfer agent to deduct the transfer fees from the money you're transferring. Please try to transfer the money as soon as possible and send me the reference number on the receipt so I can sort my sons medical bills today.

Thank you.

I am so hangry that someone could do that specialy when I said that im a mother of 2 childrens they just don't care!!

Now I am wondering if I destroy the cheque and tell him that it's not going to work out if he's going to do something because he has my name and adress!
    Never doing that again I am so scared!

No he will not do anything. U can even call him on it by saying. The cheque has been destroyed as I found out from authorities that this a scam. No further communication will be made from this pt. thank u. And then he will just move on to the next person. Dont beat yourself up not everyone knows a scam, when ur desperate to fill a spot, u go for it. This is how he gets u. If u were to send the money back he would then have ur banking info and wipe u clean. A good rule to remember for the future......NEVER fill a spot or accept money with out MEETING THE FAMILY IN PERSON FIRST!!!!
    But don't worry he won't do anything. Rip the check up!

Expansive...
    I agree with babydom - you are fine he can't get your bank info because you did not send out a cq to him so he can't touch you or your money, live and learn and move on

Unhappy I almost got scammed by "Wess Pinet" too!

Same correspondence, same wording, contacted me off kijiji wanting start date of June 8 then wrote saying his son very sick in Mexico while on vacation. Who takes their kid to Mexico to get those awful stomach problems anyway? I should have followed my instincts. I got suckered...he sent me a phoney draft for 2300 and then wanted 1200 to pay the (non-existent) kid's hospital bill> My bank manager saw right through this and no money got sent. Financial instrument issued through Desjardins and now in hands of Ottawa police.

Be careful this guy has a lot of sob stories and I was stupid enough to ignore my instincts. at least he didn't get his money....please would anyone else who hears from him please answer this thread and I will send contact at Ottawa police. It's probably the same phoney draft he sends to every one>>>I have photocopy of it. Let's get together and insist police catch this guy...he can't be that smart.
    Last edited by SMHD; 06-06-2015 at 08:39 AM. Reason: more info to add

Expansive...
    That was a close call, you were lucky

Red face Wess Pinet just does not give up.............

After I told him my bank was holding his funds until cleared and therefore could not send him any funds...the guy still doesn't get it that we are on to him>>>>>>>>>>e-mailed me again asking me to check with my bank if the funds had "cleared" (he says his "colleague" who sent the 2300 is telling him the funds have cleared his account). AH...Wess, my dear fraudster, don't you get it that a draft IS cash and would have already left the "colleague's" account when the draft was issued? This guy is not only persistent, he is completely stupid and thinks we are all as daft as he is...........this one is going to get caught.............: check my next post for police report info
    Last edited by SMHD; 06-08-2015 at 10:40 AM. Reason: more info