Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Scam - not again - read this email and comment please

I have received two e-mails from the person he goes by the name of Wess Pinet read below, he even includes picture of him and his son.

Greetings,

Sorry for my late response, I just got your message from my junk folder. Thanks for your response. I'm a 39 years old single father, I lost my wife Andy's mum during child birth. I've been the only parent Andy has grown to know for three years of his life.I really want the best for my son because that was the promise I made to my wife as she had her last breath. Enough of the sad story, but I think I've to tell you all this details in other for you to know us better. I need you to understand that Andy being in save hands is priority for me and as I put him in your care, please treat him like your own son. As i said before, I would have loved to call you so we can meet immediately, but we are still on vacation and will return to Canada in less than three weeks.

My son Andy is a very happy child, he's toilet trained, doesn't have any allergies or dietary restrictions and don't need any special care. He's a normal kid, very active with good behavior and no temperament. My son walk smartly on his own without stroller. Also, he his potty trained. My son can begin with you on the 8th of June, if 18th of June is not available, you can give me any other resumption date that is okay with you.

I will like to know if there will be a registration fee or any additional charges before starting? I have attached myself and my son's recent picture with this message, so you can know what we both look like.

Please get back to me on my question on if there will be any additional charges for registration as soon as you can.

Regards

Outgoing
    They just don't give up do they!

Starting to feel at home...
    With pictures too give me a break.

Euphoric !
    With all the time put into writing these stories they would be better off writing children's books, or doing something useful!

Expansive...
    Do they stay up all night making these stories up!!

Hi am new here, this person who is calls himself WessPinet contacted me to about a week ago. I've been receiving the same e-mails from him. Just the last one that is a little different.
    -Hello,

I must start by saying your response is very much appreciated and the start up date is fine by me. I will contact you as soon as we arrive so we can meet with you to conclude all arrangements. Andy has been in a daycare before and the care giver was like family to us. He bonded well with the kids there, but my job relocated me, that is why I'm seeking a new care giver.

I had contacted a nanny to take care of him for just weekends, we concluded everything and she promised she will keep the spot open until we arrive, only for her to contact me and she said the spot have been filled because a family seek for her services and made payment. She also said she had to give the spot to that family because I had not made any initial deposit. It is for this reason I'll need your Name and mailing address to mail one month deposit payment to you in other to secure Andy's spot, i'm not saying you will do the same but making the payment will make me feel secured.

The payment will come in form of a money order or certified cheque through express mail. It has not been easy being a single father and I've given my best to make him grow up to be the sweet boy that he his today. I'm proud of who he has grown to be and also i'm grateful to you for accepting to be a part of his growth.

Please don't forget to send your name and mailing address so the deposit can be mailed to you on time.

Thanks so much.

*** So now he wants my address ,!!!! AND its a SCAM. Its kind of scary. I feel kind of dumm to ask...but how did you know its a scam???

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by nadz View Post
    Hi am new here, this person who is calls himself WessPinet contacted me to about a week ago. I've been receiving the same e-mails from him. Just the last one that is a little different.
    -Hello,

I must start by saying your response is very much appreciated and the start up date is fine by me. I will contact you as soon as we arrive so we can meet with you to conclude all arrangements. Andy has been in a daycare before and the care giver was like family to us. He bonded well with the kids there, but my job relocated me, that is why I'm seeking a new care giver.

I had contacted a nanny to take care of him for just weekends, we concluded everything and she promised she will keep the spot open until we arrive, only for her to contact me and she said the spot have been filled because a family seek for her services and made payment. She also said she had to give the spot to that family because I had not made any initial deposit. It is for this reason I'll need your Name and mailing address to mail one month deposit payment to you in other to secure Andy's spot, i'm not saying you will do the same but making the payment will make me feel secured.

The payment will come in form of a money order or certified cheque through express mail. It has not been easy being a single father and I've given my best to make him grow up to be the sweet boy that he his today. I'm proud of who he has grown to be and also i'm grateful to you for accepting to be a part of his growth.

Please don't forget to send your name and mailing address so the deposit can be mailed to you on time.

Thanks so much.

*** So now he wants my address ,!!!! AND its a SCAM. Its kind of scary. I feel kind of dumm to ask...but how did you know its a scam???
    Just trust us, we have seen this sooooo many times over the last couple years. Always the same thing with a slightly different story. What they want to do is send you a cheque, that you will deposit but it will be for too much money., They will call it a mistake and ask you to mail them back the extra money. So, say they owed a $500 deposit and they send you $1,000. You deposit the cheque, send them back $500, then their original cheque bounces and you owe the bank the money that you took out.

NEVER take money from anyone you have not met in person. NEVER sign a contract of care with a family you have not met in person. There are so many ways for you to be screwed. Doesn't matter how desperate you are for kids...met them in person first, ALWAYS.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Now I feel like an idiot. I just want some reassurance that as long as I dont cash the cheque I will be ok as I did give my address and name

Yes. You will be fine. Email back saying. Sorry spot has been filled with another family. Your cheque was destroyed. And don't write back again. PLEASE remember to always meet in person first!!!! Don't worry about it. You'll be fine. Just don't cash it!!!!

Thanks...i feel reassured now...i didnt gave him my address...but i did send him a friendly e-mail, saying that my role has a caregiver and a mommy is to assure safety for all the kids and therefor to give my address just like that....i dont feel safe to do so !!!! I prefer to wait that we actually meet in person. I dont think he will e-mail back. Thanks for your advices i would of never thought that this could happened. We always Learn !!