Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Fun things you've tried lately?

We've done a series of fun things lately, thought I would share and I would love to hear other ideas.

1) Balloon painting- dip balloons in paint and press on paper. We made "The Very Hungry Caterpillar." Although the kids loved it, not a single one looks like a caterpillar heh heh (aside from mine!)

2) Good Ol' chalk paint- mix corn starch and water and food colouring. We have made this many times, never gets old.

3) Home made silly putty- this was a bit of a flop- mix corn starch and dish soap until you get a clay consitancy. The kids lost interest quickly and I didn't think it was much like silly putty...but it led to #4

4) 2 kids, 2 bowls, water and a box of corn starch. They mixed and made "hot dogs" forever.

5) Body painting- big hit! mix plain yogurt with food colouring in different colours, kids in bathing suits and go to town.

6) Water painting- classics never die. The kids will paint the fence with water forever.

7) planted a veggie garden. We started some seeds inside but I mostly bought the plants.

Euphoric !
    Anyone have a good recipe for homemade "Kinetic Sand?" I tried one using veg oil, flour and sand. I didn't find it was very good. Looking at some others but the reviews are mixed. Most say nothing is like the original. Never tried the original but I am tempted.

Euphoric !
    Those all sound really fun!! We haven't done anything like that recently but have done most of them at some point or another. Cornstarch "magic" is always so cool!

I have the name brand kinetic sand and than some pink stuff from "Showcase"...the kinetic sand is definitely the best out of the 2 but the no name brand isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was going to make my own but ended up just buying it as I couldn't find nice clean cheap sand! haha. The kids really really like it and I love how easy it is to clean up. The no name brand gets a little "sticky" if played with too much though and is a bit harder to clean up but still nothing major.

I have a recipe for homemade gak that works really well. I will see if I can find it on my pinterest board, if not I know I have it written downstairs.

Euphoric !
    http://lilluna.com/homemade-gak-recipe/

This is the recipe I use. it's really fun and easy. Clean up is surprisingly quick too!

Outgoing
    Although it was too cold to play with this today, the kids have really been loving the water box I put together this spring. It is an under-the-bed Rubbermaid tote filled with dollar store items like kitchen scrubbers, turkey basters, cups, toothbrushes, funnels, etc. I fill it every day for playing on the patio. I also put in dish soap for bubbles. Next week I will be adding small ketchup and mustard containers, also from the dollar store. They will be great for squirting onto the wall. The bin is getting pretty full.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kindertime For This Useful Post: