Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Poopy dropoffs

Expansive...

Poopy dropoffs

I have one infant who lives about 5 minutes from my house, who gets dropped off every morning with a poopy diaper. Mom says "Oops I guess she pooped in the car again!" and hands the child to me and runs out the door. Obviously the child has a fairly set bm routine in the mornings. It's driving me a little crazy that I am expected to do this each morning, as I'm trying to get 5 kids ready to go out the door for school dropoff. I feel like handing her the wipes/diapers/changing pad and telling her to do it herself LOL! Anyone else have a tactful way of dealing with a parent who always does this? Thanks.

Expansive...
    I also might add that my contract says kids must arrive clean/in a clean diaper/and already have been fed breakfast.

Euphoric !
    Then I would have the diaper, wipes and changing mat ready near the door to hand her on arrival.

Just say, I thought they might poop on the way in so I have it ready for you since my hands are rather tied getting the others ready. Thanks so much.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    It happens so rarely here that I just deal with it. Most of the time the parent offers to change them but I just say no. I find I'm quicker than them lol. I change them outside if need be but I know there have been times I've sent them home poopy so I understand it happens.

If it was a daily thing, it would likely get annoying but I still don't think I'd say anything. I'd have the stuff ready to go at the door though to speed up the process and have all the other kids ready to go.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I too would just do it but like you, it's rare it happens. I don't send poopy kids home. If I know child is soiled then they get changed. If they pooped on my time, they are cleaned on my time.

Euphoric !
    I would Do what Suzie suggested and see what happens after that. Is the child actually pooping in the car or is mom just to lazy to change the diaper before she leaves the house. If mom changes diaper at your house then if she is knowingly not changing at home then that should stop her laziness. If it's a matter of child going in vehicle then not much can help that. I am sure I have sent home poopy kids as we play outside at end of the day and unless they are close and I smell it I wouldn't even know.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzie_Homemaker View Post
    I too would just do it but like you, it's rare it happens. I don't send poopy kids home. If I know child is soiled then they get changed. If they pooped on my time, they are cleaned on my time.
    Key word is know. Obviously if I know the child pooped, they get changed as I keep supplies in my outdoor she'd and stroller bag. However, there have been times the child has pooped while the parent and I are talking or I don't notice it until the child gets picked up because like mickyc, they aren't always within smelling distance. I'm just saying it happens so I can understand and forgive the occasional poopy drop off

Outgoing
    My inner child is giggling - poopy drop-offs. lol

I don't know about a five minute drive, but many years ago, I had one little guy who was poopy 99% of the days when he was dropped off after a 7 minute drive. I never thought it was done on purpose, though, as he was a 4-5x/day pooper. Yup 4 or 5 times a day! I always just thought it was the movement of the car that got him going. There was a whole year there when I never once changed him for just a wet diaper. I agree with Suzie, though. If it is really inconvenient or an issue, give her a space to change him upon arrival.

Outgoing
    My son was a car pooper. He did it many times on the way to his DCP- 12 minute drive. It was embarrassing, i used to think that she thought that i would bring him poopy from home. I swear i never did that LOL. I would always offer to change, but she would always say no, it's ok...she told me once "when you eat on a schedule and sleep on a schedule, you are bound to poop on a schedule too" lol. On the flip side, if i had a parent who always dropped off a poopy kid and knew it, i would say something. You know- the one who hands the kid and runs just as the smell hits you. i would say- since i am busy with the other kids, can you change them before you go? thanks "
    Last edited by MonkeyPrincess; 05-25-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Just wanted to mention that we all can tell if it's a freshly changed diaper the child has gone in. I have one that poops in every fresh diaper...and then about 2 minutes before pick-up. Every. Single. Darned. Time!!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post: