Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Apple Recipes Please!

I have 3-4 large ziplock bags of frozen apple slices and am looking for some new recipes. I've looked on Pinterest but nothing is jumping out at me. I usually make crisps or pies but am looking for something different.

Also, easy and few ingredients....I don't really enjoy baking but do it because I have too!

Expansive...
    You could turn them into apple sauce, then use that apple sauce in other recipes.

You can also use apple slices in recipes using pork, it is a tasty combo.
    Last edited by AmandaKDT; 05-27-2015 at 10:49 AM.

Starting to feel at home...
    I was thinking apple sauce too...I thrown mine in the slowcooker with a splash of apple juice, brown sugar and cinnamon. You could also wrap apples with crescent dough and bake as a tasty snack. Use them for smoothies or add them into a big batch of baked oatmeal.

Starting to feel at home...
    you don't need to cook them to make apple sauce, just peel and freeze them, when they thaw add cinnamon and a little sugar (if needed) and you have applesauce. I use it to replace the butter in a baking recipe (especially good in banana bread!)

Quote Originally Posted by MsBell View Post
    you don't need to cook them to make apple sauce, just peel and freeze them, when they thaw add cinnamon and a little sugar (if needed) and you have applesauce. I use it to replace the butter in a baking recipe (especially good in banana bread!)
    You can use apple sauce to replace eggs too!

Euphoric !
    Yes, I thought of applesauce but I have quite a bit right now.

Maybe they'll just stay in the freezer a bit longer lol

Outgoing
    Are your apples peeled and cored before you freeze them? I do that and use them all year long in oatmeal. I don't use the crock pot for that, just instant but I heat the apples in the microwave first and add a bit of brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. My kids love it, there is never any left over.

Euphoric !
    Yes, they are peeled (well some, I prefer the peel on for some recipes) and cored

I have so many bags to use up so decided to make applesauce today in the slow cooker. Read a few recipes and than kinda combined them. So I have 10 cups of apples, half a bag of strawberries, 2 cinnamon sticks, a couple tbsp of brown sugar and a bit of lemon juice thrown in. Smells good!