Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by Calgarymom View Post
    My contract says a months notice, she does not have this money to pay, it's between her mortgage and me so I loose!!
    No, no, no.

You are a business. You have a contract. Tell her clearly what you were willing to help short term over summer but you can not forgive debt of whole month fees. That is not your contact. Be clear that this is not option, that you sympathise but you should not be hung out because she managed income badly. Be clear that if need be, you will take her to Small Claims for your months fees. Three days is not even close to the mark.

Euphoric !
    Do NOT provide care in June without FULL advanced payment. If she is terminating care then she pays until this Friday and the child do NOT come tomorrow or Friday. Contract is over, she is breaking it. She pays but care is done.

September is NOT an option. She has broken the contract and has shown she doesn't not care to abide by the contract...you cannot let her resume care in a few months to break the contract again when she decides to.

Call her tonight. Let her know that he is not welcome tomorrow unless she has payment for June in hand (not post dated). Let her know her space so no longer available for September that you will fill it with a family that can abide by the signed contract.

I don't know that I would go through much trouble to force the month notice payment (as per contract). If she legitimately doesn't have it then it will be a lot of time and effort and lost money on your part to get it. You might be best to find a new family and fill the spot ASAP. It should be easier to fill the spot long term than just for a few months. If having trouble filling it, then fill it for the summer while looking for a family to start in the fall.

Euphoric !
    I agree. If she is planning on remaining in day care, then she has to pay in full when fees are due. If she's quitting before, changing your agreement (either the original or the amended summer off to help her) then she goes now, and agrees a payment plan for the notice period.

This is not Burger King. She doesn't get to tailor the service or payment plan so she gets everything her way.

Personally, if a teacher who averages $70k+ for approx 200 days work can't budget their income for summer, then this has potential of being on going issue. Annoys me when these people who earn more than double what we do, think it's okay to screw their provider because they have no money sense.
    Last edited by Suzie_Homemaker; 05-27-2015 at 08:02 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Omg!! If she wants to send her child then the payment plan is not an option. She needs to give proper notice. If she cannot afford to pay for that notice period you can work out a payment plan but there is no care taking place during that time!!

I would also not take this family back in September. A client who does not want to follow your contract does not value you or your services. Goodbye to her!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post: