Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I agree with 3rdtimescharm. I always help out parents too. I have had parents forget stuff including diapers and I borrow from another child and replace when the child remembers their stuff. If it's once or twice then I think it's ok, a daycare family, like u said a personal touch of home daycare. Although that being said if it's a wk of reminders and using another child's diapers then that be more taken advantage of you. After that wk I'd turn away care till diapers came. Got to draw a line somewhere right.

Expansive...
    Some parents deserve favors and others don't. I've had parents who are really considerate and appreciative of me so if they drop the ball every so often I don't make a big deal of it and try to help if I can. Unfortunatly though there are other parents who have taken advantage of my kindness or mistaken it for weakness before so I am careful of whom I "help out" and who I dont.

In my experience doing little favors here and there makes some parents think I am leniant and flexible and next thing you know my policies also go out the window and parents think things like "Fun&care is so cool about everything, I'm sure she won't mind us bringing Sally in even though she is puking".

We've all had different experiences and those are largely going to affect how we view the topic but in my years of doing daycare, me being nice=me being screwed.
    Last edited by Fun&care; 05-29-2015 at 09:47 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fun&care For This Useful Post:

Yes. That's true. U can definitely tell a parent u can "help" vs a parent you should NOT help. Lol. We all live and learn.